1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Best semi-auto shotgun under $600

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by hookedlonghorn, Jul 27, 2007.

1. hookedlonghorn

hookedlonghorn New Member

Looking to buy a new shotgun fairly soon and really want a 12 gauge semi. Ive looked at the 11-87 premier and the Stoeger 2000 and like them both but keep getting interested in other guns as well. In ya'lls opinion, what is the best semi-auto shotgun under $600?
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Hooked, The Mossberg 930's can be picked up new for just under $600. And if you get lucky you could pick up a Benelli for around $600
  3. ThunderStick300MAG

ThunderStick300MAG New Member

I own a 11-87 3" Premier 26" RemChoke. Great shotgun, never malfunctioned on me or jammed, great for doves and hell on deer with some 00's...Ducks don't like it much either.;) I would suggest it. Would buy another...but can't shoot 2 at once. hehe
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I, too, have an 11-87 Premier but 28" Rem Choke AND Left-Handed. I do have a rifled and sighted deer barrel as an extra. Have taken lots of dove and a deer. I seldom use it on deer unless a guest at a club requiring only shotguns. My preferred deer gun is the Browning BLR Lightening in .30-06.

I find the 11-87 a great gun in all categories Thunder mentioned. :)
  5. Birdville2011

Birdville2011 New Member

Beretta has one for just a few dollars over 600 if you want a beretta
  6. patrol

patrol New Member

I highly reccomend an 11-87 Remmington if you can find one for 600 bucks especially for hunting. Personal defense I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 (HK) that I got used in mint condition and you cant hurt it if you want to go the used route, I love that gun and pitty the fool who attempts a home invasion. Also for defense the Police 11-87 is an awesome gun.
  7. ThunderStick300MAG

ThunderStick300MAG New Member

I hunt in Southwest VA. and for the most part, it's 200-400yd pasture shots, or thick-as-hell mountain laurel's and cut-overs where the biggun's hide. I don't have the different barrel's that you have but with the PatternMaster choke tube, at 70 yards, the (Federal Premium 3" 000 10-pellet) grouped a 17"x21" group. Deer really hate that...:D