Best Small CCW

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by JERICHO941, Mar 31, 2007.

1. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

I have a 3" Baby Eagle .40 that I currently us as my CCW. But now, down here in El Paso, TX as the winter season is coming to its end I am looking for something smaller. My Baby Eagle is small, but summer attire makes concealment a bit difficult. Im not really interested in a darringer/saturday night special type gun unless I have to. But something more along the lines of Makarov, Walther PPK, or Bersa guns. I also know that there is a Kahr pistol around that size but now sure of the model. If yall have any soggestions i would appreciate it. Thanks,
    Don
  2. pistolchamp

pistolchamp New Member

Absolutely, the Kahr PM9 (model # PM9093) is very small, lightweight and available in 9 m/m or 40 S&W. I will tell you that the 40 caliber job kicks quite a bit, so, the 9 is my choice.

As a dealer I demo this little gun a lot and have sold a pot of them. At $615 out the door its a good deal for keeping yourself alive.

It just disappears in the back pocket of jeans, dockers or slacks... I love it.

Thank you Kahr.

Second best, only because of the caliber is the North American Arms Guardian 380 acp. Its slightly smaller, cheaper ($415 out the door), but, a weak little sister due to the caliber. The 32NAA is an interesting caliber available also, but, ammo is hard to find and I'm not sure about a 32 bullet even if its going a bit faster.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  3. obxned

obxned New Member

I'd call those 'mediums', because of the size and particularly the weight. A small CCW is the KelTec P3AT.
  4. durk

durk New Member

I saw those Kahrs at the gun show going for $400! NIB) $615 is way too much!
    Ditto! I have the P3AT and it carries great!
  5. SouthCentral

SouthCentral New Member

6. zadig39

zadig39 New Member

I have the Bersa and its a good piece, accurate and reliable. The kel-tec is much smaller, I am thinking about it as a CCW as I also live in Tx. and yes its that freakin hot.
  7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

PARA ORDNANCE P-7 CCW LDA can be carried 24/7 and in 45 ACP it is a good choice I would trade my 06 off before I would be without my LDA CCW :eek: :D
  8. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I've seen a Kel-Tec in either .25 or .32 and that thing is small. If I used my Mak for a CCW, I'd have to get more 2 pairs of baggy pants, because sitting down would be a prob when I carry it under the pants, especially with something like this on it.
  9. obxned

obxned New Member

P3AT on a belt clip!
  10. Gunslingers

Gunslingers New Member

I think a great pocket gun would be a Seecamp or a Rohbraugh. These are light and can fit in a pocket with or without a pocket holster. I know one guy that carries 2 Seecamps, one in each pocket!
  11. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Pack and pay the price. Global warming makes it tougher. I'd stick with a revolver inside the waist band. .38 Special + P. 5 shot. Chief's Special. But that's just me. :D

LL
  12. rsbks7

rsbks7 New Member

I live in FL where it is "hot". My best CCW for summer is a Taurus model 85 airlite in .38 with+P ammo.
  13. standles

standles New Member

I have to side with the ones saying adjust your dress code to the gun not the gun to the dress code. I would much rather be a little uncomfortable than have a gun I was less familiar with and felt I was comprimising on.

I know people love the keltec but I abhor them. Trigger is terrible and .... I will just stop there to snuff out a flame war. :D

I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II in .45 in an IWB holster. Shorts,Light Tee, and a loose unbuttoned short sleeve shirt conceals very nicely. It is also rather comfortable. You can also get vests and such but the previous is my fav.

Steven
  14. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

I hate it when people perpetuate myths! The only Keltec with a "bad" trigger pull is the P 11- and it's not bad, but it is long.
    All subsequent models have a different trigger system, and the pull is very good.
    Bill
  15. standles

standles New Member

Not perpetuating anything. I put hands on and pulled the trigger 6 times for myself. What brought it to my attention was the young lady taking the CCW class was shooting it under my supervision. On each shot toward the end of the trigger pull her hands would shake as she was squeezing the trigger so hard.

I thought there was something wrong so I shot 6 rounds through it. While my hands did not shake with the trigger pull it was horribbly gritty and significantly heavier than 4-5# My carry guns are 4# pulls. I took it apart looking for obvious signs of breakage and found none. Lubed reassembled and same trigger pull existed.

She completed the class with that weapon. She tried several others weapons (With NO TRYING TO SWAY HER ONE WAY OR ANOTHER) she tried SW autos, 1911's, glocks, snub nose revolvers and left vowing never to use that one (kel-tec) for ccw.

Now Bill I volunteer that you mileage may vary and you may have the best kel-tec(s) out there. I may even allow that hers and the one I briefly owned (no its trigger wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either) could have been friday afternoon guns. But to claim I am "perpertuating a myth" by reporting hands on experiences is just knee-jerk and probably trolling. :D

Steven

Ps.

I learned along time ago never to speak in absoultes as it will always come back to bite ya ;)
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2007