Best Suppressor for Ruger Mark II?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by smash4uf, May 28, 2009.

1. smash4uf

smash4uf New Member

Just bought a mk2, would like to purchase a suppressor (for shooting squirrels undetected lol), as well as a scope. While googling I found that gem-tech and AWC are popular, but you actually end up replacing the entire upper receiver, which is like getting a whole new gun, and I'm not sure how a built in suppressor effects performance, since it is not removable I'm a little worried.

My other option is to get my current upper threaded, and purchase something like an AAC. A freind of mine recommended replacing my current upper with a tactical solutions because its lighter and they come threaded and tapped, but in all honesty I like the weight of the stock one, If I ever run out of ammo I could just throw the gun and knock some one out :rolleyes:

And yes, I know that adding another 4.5" or so onto the end of an 8.5" barrel is getting kinda ridiculous. ANY ADVICE? THANKS!

[​IMG]
  2. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

Looks like you've done your homework.

Gem-tech has a threaded suppressor for rimfire handguns and rifles called the Outback II. I don't have one but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I believe there's paperwork involved along with a $200 fee within applicable state laws.

cb
  3. 22dave

22dave New Member

I have a scoped MKII and it is great. I highly recommend it. It also came (used) with a fancy thumb rest style wood grip which is also awesome. Very accurate. Nice barrel and don't worry about making it longer as long as it gets the job done right.
  4. smash4uf

smash4uf New Member

thanks for the responses!