Best way to conceal?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by PaulHD883, Jun 13, 2007.

1. PaulHD883

PaulHD883 New Member

I have ready many posts about how to carry concealed, and I really hate to beat a dead horse, but my local gun shop was NO help. I have a Beretta
    PX4 Storm .40 cal. I am 5'11" and 135 elbows.....so not many places I can conceal. I can't carry to work (company policy:mad: ) (otherwise it would be easy to conceal as I wear a suit everyday) On my off days, I'm usually in jeans and a untucked button down or an untucked polo. Any ideas on how I could conceal this without being completely uncomfortable? Which type of holster and where and how should I place it on my body? Again, sorry to kill the issue, but my shop here wasn't handing out free advice.

Thanks everyone, in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. travihanson

travihanson New Member

If I were you I would get a different holster. See if you can find a "inside the pant holster" that would go on your hip. Hopefully you can find one to fit that gun...Another option which I use if your wearing an over shirt is a shoulder holster. That's just my 2 cents. Nice piece you got there though...
  3. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

I carried for years with an inside the waistband holster. Just leave shirt untucked to conceal it. I tried ankle holster but they are hard to access and once I had to run from wasps and left pistol on sidewalk.
    I used a thin leather inside waist band holster because the nylon blistered my back the only day I wore it. I had two holsters and alternated days with them because of prespiration.
  4. Jay

Jay New Member

With your slender build, you may want to consider an IWB holster, but carry it in front of your strong side hip. Most folks bend forward easier than back, and bending forward won't print the gun.

On the other hand, I'm 6' 1'' and 210, and I carry my 1911 in a belt holster, covered by a T shirt 1 size larger than normal.

Your solution is out there....... shopping is fun. :D
  5. gunlearner

gunlearner New Member

i think now that i live here in ecuador the concealment should go according to the type of profile that each one has
    each one of us knows what types of threats we have some more than others
    so therefore i carry mine in a pancake holster and when am in the car under my leg
    vr
    gl
  6. PaulHD883

PaulHD883 New Member

thanks everyone for the comments. I'll check into that. I would like to carry it with a shoudler holster but I live in Mobile Alabama and today it was 98 degrees, yesterday, 100. So I'm not wearing an overshirt if I can help it, lol. I'm definetley gonna get a different holster, the one I have is just one I got so I don't scratch it up. Right now, It stays by my head at night, until I get a way to carry it. Thanks again everyone.
  7. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

IWB is the way I carry.
  8. boni

boni New Member

so you dont bring your gun to work sir? well in my place of work its policy to leave our firearms at the guard on duty. so i bring two of my firearm. the one i deposit to the guard the other i carry. :) by the way, does your law really state that those permitted concealed carry cannot also show the imprint?
  9. PaulHD883

PaulHD883 New Member

lol, that's a good idea. I work at a jewelry store, and we don't get checked, just if I ever had to use it, I would lose my job....(but better my job than my life, I suppose) As for the imprint, in Alabama, I'm not sure. I do know that it has to be concealed here, not carried out in the open.
  10. boni

boni New Member

i think you should orient yourself that your F/A is there as a tool to protect yourself from lawless elements. not to protect your store. maybe we dont know but your company doesnt like their employees carrying inside the work place becoz incase you get robbed its okay becoz their insured. :D
  11. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I use a Don Hume IWB, takes awhile to get use to but worked out good. Carry at the 4 or 5 o'clock position. It's leather with steal spring clip.
    This is for a CZ 75 Compact which really isn't that compact and is heavy.
  12. Slimslam

Slimslam New Member

For summer carry, any holsters that'll carry a Ruger SP101 (hammerless)???
  13. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I have an Uncle Mikes under the pants CCW holster, it works pretty well.