Better to stand up for one thing than fall for anything

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by sub-moa, Apr 22, 2012.

1. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

I was at one of my wife's friends house "with my wife of course" when I heard a loud disruption outside. She asked me to see about it. I went out and found four boys arguing loudly. I asked what was going on and one boy said another had cheated at the HORSE game they were playing. I asked all the boys one at a time to tell me what happened. After they each told their side of the story, I was very perplexed. The first boy said that his Mom told him that the Bible say’s all men are created free and equal so no one could be any better than him at the game. The second boy said his teacher said there are no winners or losers only participants. The third boy said “he didn’t care he just wanted to play”. and the last boy said I had better say he won because his dad was the Mayor and he paid my salary. I told them to sit down and listen to me. To the first I said, That was the Declaration of Independence, not the Bible. To the second I said winners and losers are not born they are developed. To the third I said good job. And to the last I said tell your dad I didn’t vote for him anyway. I couldn’t help but wonder does our world have a chance ?
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

The last one sounds normal, the first two sound stunted.
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Not if it is divided.
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The world will end, without any doubt, when God sees fit to end it.

The fate of the people in it, however, is in their own hands.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Sure we got a chance! It ain't much of a chance, but we got one! Glad you were there to referee the situation.