The Firearms Forum banner

beware of jarrett1

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Double D 
#1 ·
i recently posted about wanting to buy a magazine for a walther model 9. jarret1 aka kristi d jarrett contacted me that she had one in good condition. i paid and now nothing. no delivery, doesnt answer messages.

#2 · (Edited)
Re: beware of jarrett 1

I hope that you have some nexus (relationship) to the U S Mail with this transaction. I have had unfortunate experiences with the kind of problem that you describe.

If you have the nexus, send the seller a notice that if you do not receive a prompt refund of all monies that you paid; you will seek her felony prosecution for Mail Fraud under Title 18 of the United States Code.

If she does not comply, contact the U S Postal Inspector Office in your area and file a formal complaint. All mail fraud is a federal felony, regardless of the amount of money involved. Few thieves want to deal with Federal Law Enforcement Agencies.

It is for the foregoing reason that I always insist on making or receiving payment by USPS Money Order when dealing with private individuals via the Internet. I prefer to establish a U S Mail nexus when dealing with unknown businesses also. The USPS Money Order establishes the nexus to the US Mail and makes prosecution for felony Mail Fraud possible.

#6 ·

i recently posted about wanting to buy a magazine for a walther model 9. jarrett 1 aka kristi d jarrett contacted me that she had one in good condition. i paid and now nothing. no delivery, doesnt answer messages.
If you paid with a credit card, just call their Fraud Department and Dispute the payment. They'll attempt to contact the seller and straighten it out. Most card companies want a written letter as a follow up to the discussion.

A little effort on your part may save somebody else from getting ripped off.

#7 ·

i did order the triple k magazine but it doesnt work in the model 9. there is a toe on the floor plate on the triple k magazine which is not on the originals. This toe prevents the magazine from being able to be inserted far enough to catch. i had to return that magazine to triple k.

#10 ·

$70

the same person has been doing the same thing on a trap shooters forum. you post something you want to buy and she contacts you via pm that she has it. i was foolish. i never have had a problem buying something in a gun forum off of other members before in over 10 years of doing so. I did send yet another message making clear that there would be action taken. she then finally answered so we will see. i will take action, she can take that to the bank.
lesson learned. i didnt want any of you to fall for the same scam. sometimes we let what we need or want blind us to our usual level of common sense, especially when that item is not easy to come by.

#14 · (Edited)

There is always the possibility that the vendor sent you a mag and it was lost. If that is the case then there is no fraud.

If there is no nexus to the US Mail relative to this transaction, the U S Postal inspection Service cannot get involved.

If there is a U S Mail nexus, they are required to get involved, if you complain.

The foregoing is not to say that they will want to go after, or aggressively go after, a criminal who is ripping off less than $1K per year, which seems to have been their trigger point the last time that I got involved helping someone with your problem, about 8 years ago, involving a professional Ebay "rip off" artist named Karen in Chicago.

However, if you can and do file a complaint; they will have to contact "jarrett 1". If you know of other similar "rip offs" involving this person, mention them in your complaint. Depending on the facts, you might get your money back or put "jarrett 1" out of business.

#17 ·

did you pay in cash? money orders have receipts and traceable. same with checks, cards, paypal... short of driving by and throwing cash out the window at her, you should be able to prove payment enough to at least file a police report

#20 · (Edited)

on the members list under J, page 14, fourth member from the top. Jarrett1. there is no space between the t and 1. my typo in title.
im not trying to make TFF look bad and i dont feel that way at all. I was just trying to warn the members here since this is where she sent me a PM based on my wanted to buy. It can and does happen on any gun site.

#21 ·

The space makes a difference.

Here's what I have which may or may not help.

Email: jarrett_kristi@yahoo.com

IP Address: 67.228.174.166

Most of the IP addresses were in the Dallas,Tx area but this one has me confused.

67.228.174.166 IP address location & more:
IP address [?]: 67.228.174.166 [Copy][Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: US
IP address country: United States
IP address state: Minnesota
IP address city: Minneapolis
IP postcode: 55405
IP address latitude: 44.9679
IP address longitude: -93.3032
ISP of this IP [?]: SoftLayer Technologies
Organization: Hosting Services
Host of this IP: [?]: 67.228.174.166-static.reverse.softlayer.com [Whois] [Trace]
Local time in United States: 2012-05-16 06:44

You probably already had this info but maybe we will have a member step forward from the Minneapolis area to help locate this scammer.

I don't know if this will help or not.

I once had a program that would give names and addresses but lost it a few years ago.

I'll ban the scumbag from TFF.

#22 ·
I sure hope you get her. Grrrrrrr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.