1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Beyond Valor

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/13/01 9:11:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Beyond Valor
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just finished reading the new book "Beyond Valor." It is a compilation of personal "E-histories" of WWII Airborne and Ranger veterans from www.dropzone.com since 1995.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

While I like "personal" account books, most are not really well done, only as good as the interviewer. And the facts get scrambled easily. This author does a fine job letting them talk, with a factual historical intro to each one.

This is the first one done from postings to a website, that the author then developed into e-mail interviews.

The vets poured out their souls when typing, better than orally, I think...

Some of the accounts breathtaking, the one where a sergeant is pinned in a foxhole for over 12 hours by artillery and then has to help repel a company-sized attack on Hill 400 in the Huertgen with 8 other men, and with shitty pants really hits home, could be the best battle account I've ever read.

Edited by: Tac401 at: 5/13/01 11:39:29 pm