Bible Group Banned From McDonalds

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by raven818, Jul 17, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

July 17, 2012

A Christian ministry leader was reportedly told she could no longer hold Bible studies in a New Jersey McDonald's, despite having the sessions there for the past two years.

The Christian Post reports that Dawn Martinez, 33, began the ministry to transients and drug addicts in 2010, but was told last Wednesday by a McDonald’s manager that she could no longer hold the two-weekly events.

"She didn't tell me what happened, but she said there was a complaint and that we cannot have our Bible studies there anymore," Martinez said.

After pressing for an explanation, she was told that "people are getting offended," Martinez said.

Martinez, who could not be reached for comment, believes someone of Islamic faith was at the restaurant and may have been offended enough to make a complaint. Martinez said the religion had been a brief topic of discussion last week.

Ed Baim, the McDonald's franchise owner, told FoxNews.com in an email that the content of the group's meetings had "absolutely nothing to do with their being asked to move."

Baim pointed out that the restaurant has a small seating area with signs that inform customers about its no-loitering policy.

"While we're not able to accommodate groups, these folks are always welcome to visit the restaurant as customers," he said.

Fast-food restaurants are common destinations for informal meeting groups like Alcoholic Anonymous and other counseling organizations.

Starbucks, for example, told FoxNews.com in a statement that its stores are "designed" to be gathering places.

"We take great pride in being an environment where our customers and members of the community can come to relax, visit with each other and discuss things that are meaningful to them," a statement from Starbucks on Tuesday read.

http://tinyurl.com/6ujm4qm
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Cur ante tubam tremor occupat artus?

bellum internecinum

Internecinum Islam
  3. raven818

It took him two years to make that decision? Loitering?

If I were him, I wouldn't count on them, or any of their friends/family, or folks who read about in the local paper, ever coming back.

I think he'll have plenty of room.
  4. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

Private business with every right to do so.
  5. raven818

Opinion, with every right to say so.;)
  6. skullfr

skullfr New Member

and that place should be banned by all churhes and all that are christian.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Just curious.

If you went to McDonalds, and saw a Muslim worship service going on in the dining room, twice a week, would you complain?

I would.

If I want to have a prayer meeting going on, while I'm eating, I'll go to the Salvation Army.

Don't matter whether it is a Muslim prayer meeting, a Jewish prayer meeting, a Catholic prayer meeting, a Protestant prayer meeting or a Hindu prayer meeting.
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Yes.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't like these threads, but here it goes.

I am a Christian, and I believe in Jesus Christ. Sharing the Bible with others is my number one priority in life. I seek good Bible study. I enjoy church folks, and I hang around sinners. However, there is a time and a place to preach Gods word. People don't want it shoved in their face.

Now, if that McDonalds had a sign that said you could not pray over your meal and/or you could not talk about God while eating, now I have a problem.

It is a private establishment and they are there to sell food and wait on the masses. Like I say, there's a time and a place.
  10. raven818

Why let it go on for two years then?
  11. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

Are you talking about me again Bro:D
  12. 76Highboy

Possably complaints. Hypothetically, if there was an activist group allowed to teach a Darwinism class but they allowed no Bible study, then it would be an issue. Maybe it was that finally they had to make the decision to say no because it was getting too large and people were complaining about no place to sit and eat what they purchased. McDonald's is a company that provides convenience for their customers and they do a good job. That is their only goal. If you begin having people complain and not being able to sit, then they have to act for their customers best inmterest. I know I would not want to purchase my meal and then have no where to sit because someone is holding a class. That is what a class setting is for. Even for the homeless.

I see your agrivation, but then again it doesn't say Church of McDonalds and I am not being disrespectful Ravin, Your a great guy on the forum. This is just my thoughts.
  13. 76Highboy

Yep.
  14. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

I thought so.:D:D
  15. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

+1
    I hate it when some hump(s) gets to complaining and screws things up for people.That being said McDs is there to sell burgers.That's it.If they choose to allow a prayer meeting for two years and then change their mind,no matter the cause,they may do so.Seems to me the gracious thing for the prayer group to do would have been to thank the manager for allowing them to meet there over the last couple of years and moved on.Seems a little unappreciative and petty if they decide to boycott the clown after two years of getting what they want.