Biden says Obama will be tested by the world in his first 6 months...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

From http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/20/biden-obama-tested-world-months-administration/

Given that the four President and VP candidates have attended National security briefings recently, and the fact that Biden PROMISES this, what are your thoughts?

Keep in mind that Biden said of Obama on the campaign trail that, "the presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training..."

Is he conceding that Obama doesn't have the skills for the possible upcoming challenges?

Is he trying to boast his knowledge of worldly affairs so he can come back and say, "I told you so"...

Is he just being a moron, again?...

Or is it something else?... :confused:

Why did he mention John F. Kennedy, which alludes partially to JFK's challenge from the Soviets and Cubans during the Bay of Pigs incident and the Cuban missile crisis, shortly after Kennedy took office? Why this example as Russia allies with Venezuala? Does 'ol bigmouth Joe know something and he's itching to tell it? This is strange... :confused::eek:
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Joe Biden has never been known for his uncanny ability to keep his mouth shut when needed. Loose lipe sink ships and all that...
  3. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Isn't it great when the patients run the asylum? :rolleyes:
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

I doubt that we'll be seeing much more of Biden for the rest of the campaign.
    We have "Joe the Plumber", they have Joe the Blunder. :eek: :D
    I think Obama gave Joe a roll of duct tape and told him to go home and be quiet.

Art
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh...i misunderstood. I thought the test would have Blond Hair...?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  6. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

We sold weapons to Iran and Iraq, that hardly meant we were allied with them.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Did we ever participate in war games with them?...

Did we ever agree to help them start a nuclear program?...

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/27/russia.venezuela

:eek:
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

We've helped or sat idley by as others got nuclear programs? We participate in war games with Russia so what does that mean, we participate in war games with their "enemies," etc.

Besides Venezeula isn't the enemy, Hugo Chavez is. The Venezuelan people just got duped into an Obama-esque election, what can ya do. I sure hope the rest of the world doesn't look at us like that if the unthinkable happens and that loser wins the election. Had the Venezuelan people voted to give him the authority to stay in office, then Venezuela would be the enemy. But they rebuked Chavez.

Instead of focusing on how much of a douche-bag Chavez is, we should be focusing on how to re-establish meaningful connections with the next president of Venezuela. Chavez is a douche-bag, but for the time being he is a douche-bag with term limits. We should be working hard to make sure we don't burn any bridges. I don't think we necessarily are burning any bridges, but its the general argument that counts.

I hope we don't look at Russia as the enemy just because they have relations with Venezuela. Just like I hope Iran doesn't see us as the enemy because we have relations with Saudi Arabia, just like Saudi Arabia doesn't see us as the enemy because we have relations with Israel, just like India doesn't see us as the enemy because we have relations with Pakistan, just like Russia doesn't see us as the enemy because we have relations with Japan or Georgia or Ukraine.

Sure sometimes this does happen, Saudi Arabia doesn't hate us but they are hardly estatic that we are friendly with Israel. But as the single greatest country in this world, we should be focussing on the ideal- not what someone else is getting away with. We are better than that.
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Meanwhile in 2007,
    From http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/08/09/russia.sorties.reut/index.html

We should be cautious of these folks as they have been seriously irritated with our establishment of a missile defense system in Poland, as is proven by the following story...

From http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=5617271&page=1

They support Iran, who has been a major irritant of the US in recent months.

http://www.ynet.co.il/english/articles/0,7340,L-3592993,00.html

Do some searches on Syria and Russia's mineral rights claims to the Black Sea.

US jet claimed to be forced down in Iran, followed by Iran teasing US carrier in the gulf... :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081007/wl_mideast_afp/iranusmilitaryhungary_081007154251

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,433832,00.html

I can't find the link I'm specifically referring to regarding the Iranian fighter teasing US presence in the gulf the same day that the Hungarian UN plane was forced down over Iran but you get the point.

It's time for all of us to at least watch Russia, Iran, Syria and Venezuela very closely... :(
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  10. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Isn't it funny how the Democraps have twisted poor 'ol Joe? They attacked him for not having a plumbing license, yet, he's working UNDER a licensed contractor and wants to buy the business! :mad:

Personally, the test, when/if it comes won't have an effect on this country until the citizens themselves are tested by fire. Then lets see how sheep/lemmings react.

(Edit: Pony, remember what General Patton said.....)
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008