BIG bang

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Smoky14, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

I lost a primer this morning, spilled the tray and got butter fingers. Well after a long search no luck.
    I then continued to load another 50rnds. As I was putting my stuff away I dropped the primer indicator rod into my Dillon SDB. The explosion scared the daylights out of me to say nothing of giving me one more thing to clean up. I had found my missing primer and managed to put the indicator rod into the ceiling and it broke into many pieces.
    I gave Dillon a call and they are sending me a new rod, free of charge, and I'm sure they are having a good laugh about the guy in NM who is cleaning his drawers.

Smoky the careless
  2. warpig

warpig Guest

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Smoky. Good thing it was not more serious.

I only reload shotshells but am always super careful. I hope I never have an accident.

When my dad goes into the reloading room to load it is like a bull in a china closet. Spilled powder and primers everywhere and a bucket full of bad reloads. I pretty much just start over from scratch with everything when that happens.