Big Brother is Watching Alert.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muley, Oct 11, 2005.

1. muley

muley New Member

This time it had a positive spin to it, however. Mrs muley went to Target yesterday and bought some junk and also bought a gift certificate in the amount of $50 for one of the granddaughters. When she got home, she couldn't find the gift certificate anywhere. :confused: So, she called Target to ask if she had left it at the counter.....no. :( Anyway, they called this morning and told her that they were reviewing surveilance tapes and noticed that she had placed the gift certificate in the bag of the lady behind her. :( :( There are so many things I would like to ask about this, I don't know where to start. So, I'm just not going to ask. But.....
    1. Of all the hundreds of customers, how did they single her out so fast and how did they know it was her? She paid cash money.
    2. How did she get access to another ladies purchases?
    3. How could she do something so dumb? :p
    Wait.....Forget #3. You should have been with us in the spring of '69....but that is another story. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Anyway, I just wanted to pass on that when you leave your front door in the morning, be sure to smile really big....you are on camera. Of course, you already knew that, though. :) :)

BTW.......Target did the right thing and issued Mrs muley a new gift certificate to replace the one she gave away. Bless their hearts. :)
    muley
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

In the bigger cities there are cameras everwhere watching our ever move. I am glad your had a happy ending.
  3. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

They say that in the USA you are cought on cammara 17 times per day average. Just think that the UK is over 300 times per day. HMMM

Ray
  4. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Glad it worked out.... don't forget to make a post on what happened in the spring of '69, we gotta know! ;)
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I want to hear the story about the spring of "69" :D
    No wait, some stories are better left un-told. ;)

At least they gave her another one.

How did they do it so fast?
    Computers.

They just punch it up on the computer, to see “when” which register sold a $50 gift certificate. Look that “time” up on the surveillance tape, and voila. They see her putting it in the wrong bag and knew that must be the one that you were asking about.

Big brother IS watching.
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Target did the right thing this time but they still refuse to allow Salvation Army Bellringers outside their stores!
  7. muley

muley New Member

AHHH....The spring of '69 was a good time to be alive. :D :D I'd like to relive those days again, but I don't think I could get Mrs muley to ski nude down those irrigation ditchs anymore behind my '65 Mustang convertible. :p :p I sure miss that Mustang, though. :) :) :D

pickenup.....You are probably right about how Target did that with their computers.

berto64.....I didn't know that about Target. I'll be sure to remember that along about Christmas time. :mad: :mad:
    muley
  8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Target next time you are in that store make sure to ask for a few copies of their return policy. Now unfold the and turn the over :D :D perfect bulls eye targets provided by the French scum that own Target. :mad: The only reason I go to Target is to replace my stash of targets :D :D ;) they always look at me funny when I ask for a couple dozen return policy pamphlets. :eek: :D ;)
  9. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

This thread gave me an idea. I'll have my wife go to Target with a friend. She'll do the same thing your wife did, and stuff the gift certificate into her friend's purse. Then come back later and get a new one. Voila! $100 in gift certificates for only $50! I'm a genius!

Just kidding, of course.

The very idea of surveillance everywhere upsets me greatly. Especially with the new generation of face-recognition software. Pretty soon it will be impossible to go anywhere without the government (and Lord knows who else) being able to track your every move. That's not the kind of America I want to live in.
  10. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

That`s why I always wear a different disguse every time I go out, sometimes even I do not know who I am.

LTS
  11. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

"ski nude down drainnage ditches" mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sounds like fun :cool:
  12. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

And why do you suppose they named the store T-A-R-G-E-T ? Because we are IT. Might as well go ahead and paste that return policy on your back. After 9/11 some of the grocery stores gave away all of their customer data base info to the FBI, rather some individual without corporate approval, so they say, in order to help track the terrorists. CVS drug store database was hacked a few months ago and all of their customer info was downloaded too. Something to think about if you use those "Loyalty cards", "discount reward cards", etc. Buy a "certain" magazine at your local bookstore with a membership card and BINGO, one more notable entry for the database. A man going through a divorce had three years' worth of his grocery purchases subpoenaed by his soon-to-be-ex-wife's attorney. The attorney found one above average priced bottle of wine and used that to claim he could certainly afford another $10,000.00 yearly alimony. Tracking you everywhere you go and what you purchase or books you check out at the library. George Orwell even would be surprised.
  13. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

You know, that would be a fun social experiment. Put on a costume that's an obvious disguise. Like one of those huge goofy fake mustaches, an obvious wig, etc. Go into banks and liquor stores and see how people react. Better yet, wear a ski mask into those places. They'll automatically think you're there to rob the place. But just tell them no, you like to wear a ski mask everywhere you go.

That would be great for a 30-minute television program.
  14. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

In some states, counties, or cities, it is ILLEGAL to wear a disguise. I don't recall exactly where, could do a google, but it's already happened. But good luck to you. Maybe your friends would like to meet your new twin brother or you could fool the door-to-door salesmen.
  15. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Well, that figures. More stupid laws. I guess people in those States can't wear costumes for Halloween either?

I hate politicians.
  16. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I would think the smell of leather would be a heck of a hint...."SHOE" leather, that is.... :D

mike
    gn
  17. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

ski...
    nude...
    ditch...
    mustang...
    haha......HAHA......ROFL
    The only thing missing is pics........ :D :D :D
    Ahhhh.........the good old days......... ;)
  18. muley

muley New Member

:D pickenup.....yep, those were the days. She was a good skiier too. Long blonde hair flowing behind her.....Of course, that wouldn't be what would be flowing behind her now, one on each side. :D :D But, that's another story, as I said. Gravity, you know. :( :( I sure miss those days. Especially the Mustang. I had a '46 Ford Coupe at the time that I miss just as much....Hmmmmm, those were the days. :) :)
    muley
  19. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

Talk about big brother. All of our state safety inspections now go through a computer linked directly to Albany. You could be flagged by johnny law for a parking ticket and they can come get you when you get your annual car inspection.
  20. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Gunfreakboy,

Your annual vehicle "safety inspection" is Big Brother's way of ripping off the citizens in an imposed tax that the citizens had no say in instituting.

It's a rippoff and unnecessary control over you and every other citizen of the state of New York.

Run, Forrest, RUN! Get the hell outa NY.!