Big Day Today

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by The Duke, Jan 31, 2012.

1. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Heading to range this morning with an arsenal of BPC's and C&B's in the case...Been so busy at home Ive not had chance to burn powder for more than 2weeks...I will try to remember to get some pic's of the smoke and flame and post later....:ya:

Will meet my fellow 'warthog' (one who shoots nothing smaller than .45) and fire off the Walker for the first time....Cant wait to see the results....He's got a pair of new Vaqueros with the birds head grips and short 3.5in (?) barrels that ought to be real impressive with 40g FFFG...Im trying out the Walker percussion...havent got the conversion cylinder fitted yet...an my new Uberti 1872 Conversion...This gun really feels nice...Plus an 1860 Army conversion..

So if your outside today the huge cloud of smoke you see in the direction of Grand Cane, LA isnt the city burning its only country boys having fun..:D
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Sounds like fun! Y'all enjoy it! Waiting on the pics! If you had told us what time, I might would have looked of in that direction to see if I could see the cloud form here!:D
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Not a good day for picture taking...too much cross wind...blowed the smoke before it had a chance to thicken up..:(...So me and "Kid Baltimore" blazed away with his Vaqueros and my collection of smoke poles...Had a good time and really rang some steel...:D

Didnt pop a cap with the 72 Open Top .45C...Dog-gone loading gate screw wasnt installed by Uberti all the way and couldnt get it loaded...but had plenty others to go with..Looking at the picture you can see the small gap in loading gate and frame with the Army 7 1/2"..Ill fix that tonight...

Carver...Ill have to give you a heads up next time so you can hop across the Sabine and join us...Ya'd never found us by following the smoke today...

Heres just a few pics anyhooo...

Had a box full of BP toys to try out some loads to see what was what...
    [​IMG]

The "Kid" got a hoot out of the big Walker and about 50g FFFG...
    [​IMG]

Some action with 40g of FFFG and Uberti 73....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rain was a'fixin to come down, so we decided to call it aday after only slinging 200+ and getting our hands dirty...Maybe a better day next time...
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Looks like a great time wind or no wind. I can almost smell the BP all the way up here.
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice Duke,,, real nice.
  6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Looks great. Makes me think I'll try to get out next weekend with mine...weather permitting.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012