Bigfoot and the USMC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by new308handloader, Feb 10, 2010.

1. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

No...Bigfoot is not in the Corp....and the MArines have not captured Bigfoot. :D

I just wanted to set the record straight:
    - I do not believe in Bigfoot...period. In a previous post I said I had an hour long conversation with Bigfoot while camping. That was 100% a joke...I was being sarcastic..just my attempt at humor. My apologies if it was in poor taste.:eek: Now, I reserve the right to change my opinion if someone hauls in a Bigfoot skeleton!

On another note, my stepson is currently at Parris Island and in "Rifle Week". He says he is sooo tired and worn out but at the same time super excited about finally getting to shoot. I am so proud of him!
  2. navis128

navis128 New Member

I don't know...the woods of OR & WA can hide some pretty odd things...campin' the S. Umpqua does get exciting.

On your other note...kudos! Be proud!:)
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch New Member

Hmmmm, did I hear someone call my name? :D
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I have to take the other side on this issue.

Just like the Gorilla, Duck Billed Platypus, mega-mouth shark, Coeaocanth, giant squid and the dwarf deer of Cambodia - ALL of which were at one time denied by Science to exist - I believe there are indeed hominids living in several areas of the planet that are variously called Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Skunk-ape, Yetti, Abominable Snowman, Wild-man, Almasty, etc., depending on the country it is seen in.

There is simply too much smoke for there to be no fire in this one -
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

So tell me - what brought you to pick that screen name?
  6. petesusn

petesusn New Member

OMG...you are real!!!
  7. red14

red14 Active Member

I told you!
  8. new308handloader

I didn't know we had a "Sasquatch" member! My apologies. My eyes are opening, if this isn't evidence then I don't know what is.:D
    It's like when you say "It's so easy a caveman can do it"...and then there really are cavemen!
  9. navis128

navis128 New Member

Those Cavemen live in Grants Pass, OR!:D
  10. runswithscissors

runswithscissors New Member

I'm a Marine, and I believe if given the chance, I would plug Bigfoot dead for the sake of science, and I would not have a guilty conscience. Then I would be ridiculed by the liberal scientists about what a b****** I was, but I would have broken the 1000 year old myth and could shove that in their faces since they couldn't solve it. I still don't believe in him nor the abominal snowman, I don't care what Cornelious the silver and gold seeker says! I'd plug him too and maybe Herbie the dentist elf as well! :•>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  11. StewNTexas

StewNTexas New Member

I don't want to pee in your Post Toasties, but they do exist,and I have seen one face to face. Well, maybe a medium foot as it was about my size.

When I was in the Sea Scouts back in the mid 50's, our 'ship' (same as a troop in the scouts) had a small island on the Tennessee River. Signed over by Rosevelt in the 40's when the TVA was being built. Six of us went there for a three day camping trip during Thanksgiving break. Lousy weather for camping as it was cold and rainy. Hard to stop boys wanting to get away.

We had two camp sites we usually used, about 400 yards apart. Lots of woods and underbrush. It rained/drizzled for the first two days, with lots of fog. Three of us were in one site, three in the other. They were connected by what had been an old logging road before TVA flooded the area, making what had been a hilltop into a small island.

With the rain, drizzle and fog, every leaf on the ground was wet and soft. Kind of like walking on quiet carpet.

I got up early the last morning, decided to walk down to the other site to see if I could surprise the other guys. Had gone about 100 ft. and had to make a right rurn around a very large oak tree. Standing in the trail, about 15 feet from me was 'something'. Built a little slighter than I was, just over five feet tall. Covered with a gray kinkly fur or wool. Kinky because of all the drizzle and moisture, reminding me of a wet goat or long haired sheep. It appeared to have slightly longer than normal arms, slight bow to the legs. Head and face also fur covered, sort of half person, half primate. Talk about big eyes. It was as surprised as I was. We stared at each other for what seemed an hour, but was probably no more than ten seconds. It turned, took a leap into the underbrush/cover, never making a sound.

It took me over twenty years to tell anyone about this, and then only due to being on a camping trip to some woods, and maybe a few 12 oz. brews. Needless to say, no one believed me.

This all happened just North of Chattanooga, the island was Skull Island. The county government found a way around our 99 year lease signed by a President, took the property to build a county park. It is still there today.

I don't care if you believe me or not, I was there and I saw it. I was on the City High football team, in perfect health. As it was football season, we were not even allowed to drink cokes, probably another old wifes tail about carbonation somehow shortening your 'wind'.

This happened in 1956, and I just passed the age of 70. Probably only the third or fourth time I have told this. Hell, nobody has believed me yet.

Did go into USMC later. National Rifle Team (scored a few chunks of 14k), Presidental Guard, finished up with HMX-1.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  12. new308handloader

I actually do believe you....this is very interesting. Was this thing stading on its two back legs? And when it jumped off was it also standing? I assume if there are Bigfoots then there must be baby or young bigfoots.
  13. StewNTexas

StewNTexas New Member

It was standing up straight. Did not seem to have any tendancy to stoop. As were were both surprised, it may have been standing as straight as I was. When it jumped away, it was running, not stooped at all. I am sure its eyes opened wider when it saw me, I know mine sure opened wide.
  14. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Hey! I know that Sasquatch! I just saw him in January at the Gun Show!
  15. red14

red14 Active Member

I believe you, for what it's worth.:cool: