Bill Gates gets richer!! (XBox)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LDBennett, Dec 29, 2011.

1. geds

geds New Member

According to Wikipedia:

"Philanthropy

Gates began to appreciate the expectations others had of him when public opinion mounted suggesting that he could give more of his wealth to charity. Gates studied the work of Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller, and in 1994 sold some of his Microsoft stock to create the William H. Gates Foundation. In 2000, Gates and his wife combined three family foundations into one to create the charitable Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is the largest transparently operated charitable foundation in the world."

Nice way of saying he was not supporting charitable giving in a meaningful way until 1994.
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Ya lost me Geds. To every time comes a purpose.

5 years ago I couldn't donate to any cause. Now I can to many.

Am I to be condemned cuz I wasn't able at that time?
  3. geds

geds New Member

There is a difference. Gates was already a multi-millionaire - were you?
  4. Cryptic

Cryptic New Member

Yep!

Been there with that Windows issue :rolleyes:

Yep, yep, yep!! Gotta love a Mac! I know I love mine!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Years back, it wasn't this confusing purchasing a gaming console - Specifically the XBox system. It sounds like you've purchased one of the XBox systems that is around 4GB? I agree with whoever suggested sending it back. The system I have is a 250GB console. I have no issues with storage, or saving games.

You might wanna save yourself the headache and upgrade :).
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

That is the biggest bunch of FANBOY garbage I have ever heard.

Before my promotion I took care of 200 PCs and 95 Macs. I had just as many problems with my macs as I did with my PC's. Now I have 800+ PC's and 30 macbooks. These new macbooks have way more problems than any of my PC's do.

Mac hardware is the same as PC hardware. They just force you to ONLY use their software on their approved hardware. Macs are all made in china as well as 99% of everything else.

I can go build a HACKINTOSH for 1/3 the price of a true mac and it will do everything a mac will do.

I have sitting in front of me now a Toshiba PC laptop, iPad, iPod, Android phones, I also have 3 more android tablets for the wife and kids.

Kind of funny that I have a 12 year old Sony Vaio that the only problem is the HDD went out after 12 years. That was my mother in law. I replaced it with a 7 year old Gateway running windows 7 Pro. It runs fine and will run for another 5 to 7 years if I need it to.

My last PC laptop was 9 years old when I sold it to some guy on ebay for 50% of what I paid for it.

As for mac viruses they are out there. But, Hackers look for bang for the buck. Why am I going to waste time writing a virus when there are so few macs in the world vs the PC's.

You want to talk about crapy os's Ever since I was FORCED to upgrade from iOS 5 to iOS 5 every app I use crashes. facebook, safari, you name it it crashes every time I use it. It never did that till iOS 5. I have restored it to factory original (HAS TO BE iOS 5 though) it still crashes all the time. and Today I did some upgrades on it and POOF now it doesn't boot.

Win 7 is light years ahead of xp and vista for being a secure OS. The biggest PLUS to OSX is also in my eyes a big draw back. I can take a windows OS disk and install it on any PC out there and it will work. I had to have a different os disk for a macbook pro or a macbook or an imac.

Are there things macs do better sure video and photo editing are the two major things macs do a little bit better.

half the stuff on the new improved iphone 4s have been on android phones for a year.

Back on topic now.

Microsoft's xboxlive doesn't hide anything. It says right on the console box and games that on line play costs extra.

I gladly pay my $5 a month to have a secure network that hasn't been hacked. I also like the fact that I can play on line and at the same time talk to my team mates. You can't do that on Sony's PSN.

I don't understand why you are mad at Microsoft because YOU failed to do your homework as a end user.
  6. Ronnie02

Ronnie02 New Member

Always had a playstation they the best lol.
  7. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Bill probably gets a BIG kickback from the battery companies because those XBox controllers eat them like no other. My PS3 has RECHARGEABLE batteries in it, but being so Hi-tech for some reason the XBox doesn't use rechargeable batteries. You have to pump batteries through them like crazy. I will bet he went to them prior to releasing it and said...."Hey, how much will you pay me to put AA batts in my controllers....I could put in rechargeables...."
    Glad I went with Sony!!! :)
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

The quality of their service is also not as good since Playstation Network does not use dedicated servers. XBOX Live DOES use dedicated servers.

My only issue with XBOX 360 is the Red Ring of Death. It's also known as a System Failure/Crash and it happens far more often in XBOX 360 systems than in the Playstation 3. Although the newer 360 systems were redesigned to correct the fault. I do not know what the failure rate is now, but at one point, nearly 3/4 of all 360 systems were having the Red Ring of Death as opposed to under 1% of all PS3 systems that had the Yellow Light of Death.

The file system could also be improved on the 360. It uses FAT32 which is a dated system. Microsoft owns the rights to NTFS, so why not use that file system in the 360? It's better anyway, plus then if you watch movie rips, or you have games saved to a hard disc, you aren't limited to the 4GB file size limitation.

Another thing that sort of turned me off about the 360 was that the game selection was not as wide as Playstation.

Then of course if you watch Blu Ray movies, that feature is built right into the Playstation 3, whereas 360s HD DVD requires you to buy another piece of equipment to watch those (and they aren't really even used anymore because Blu Ray won the format wars).

Both have their pros and cons. There are games I really like for PS3 and ones I really like(d) for 360 when I owned one before switching to PS3.

I kind of wish they would build an iTunes application into PS3's software too so that I could watch my purchases directly from my external hard drive disc instead of via iPod/AV Cable into the TV. PS3 would play them with better quality than the AV cable and iPod do.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  9. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

I never thought TFF would have ever had a debate like this, Although Microsoft has come up before.. This post was typed and sent through my PS3.
  10. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

next year get the kid a stick and a ball. no upgrades needed and operating instructions are simple. "hit ball with stick, run after ball, repeat until Mom calls you in for dinner"
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Yeah, it's usualy a Blue vs Red debate :D:D
  12. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Almost anything can be debated. I posted my game machine problem here to alert other potential XBox owners, who happen to be gun nuts, that Microsoft is ripping people off, in my opinion. You can take it for what it is worth.

Since I am so open minded about everything :) :) I put Microsoft down based on all their evil deeds of the past and my dislike of them and Bill Gates. Despite those that came to defend Microsoft and Bill Gates and their brilliant arguments, I still hate Microsoft and Bill gates. OH WELL!

And I still like Dillon!!! and hate LEE. And I like Fords, too. Life goes on and some things don't change.

LDBennett
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I will cut you some slack because I despise lee JUNK. That is for a whole nother thread though.
  14. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

cpttango30:

Believe me when I say "LEE" and Dillon, for that matter, have been debated here endlessly. Of course my take is I won the debates on both counts :) :) (oh no, another debate!). But I appreciate that I am not alone in SOME of my opinions.

It turns out that 70 years of life make you somewhat opinionated. Must be because of too much experience with real life.

LDBennett
  15. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wasn't directed to you, Bob.
    It was this post:

16. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

I have PS3 as well simply because it is still one of the best blu-ray players on the market as well as free online service for Netflix. I rarely even play games on it and when I do they are not online multiplayer anyway. Xbox Live is not free, but it is also a much better service as far as speed and reliability goes. For hardcore gamers that means more than free service. Wi is not even in the same discussion as Xbox and PS3.
  17. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

As others have mentioned Xbox LIVE! is a much better service than the Playstation Network. I have both, play both, but Xbox BY FAR gets more play time, and I gladly pay for their service. If the Playstation Network was half as good as Xbox's, I'd pay for it too.

Batteries? Yea my Playstation controller has re-chargable batteries in it. That also means when it starts to die I have to plug it in, and the PS3 will not charge the controller when it is off. What a pain the butt. I used to plug it into my computer every night to charge up. Also when batteries start to go bad, nope can't replace, go buy a whole new controller for $50+.
  18. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

My kid has had rechargeable batteries for his XboX for years. :confused: