Bill Goforth - Expert of Iver Johnson & H&R

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by hollyfrank, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyfrank

hollyfrank New Member

My name is Holly Frank. I am the daughter of Bill Goforth the expert of Iver Johnson and H&R. I am sorry to let everyone know that my father has went on to be with the Lord last night. He was in the hospital to have a bypass on his aorta and last night he had a heart attack. The doctors did everything they could to help him. I know that he enjoyed answering each and every one of the questions that was posted for him. As you can tell guns were his life. Unfortunately, the only other person who knew just as much about these guns was my brother and he passed away this past July. At this time services are being finalized and then I will post the arrangements for everyone to know. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Thanks!
    Holly Frank

Attached Files:

2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Holly, I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. I was just thinking of Bill since he hasn't posted in a couple of days. His advise was one of the things that made this forum what it is today. Bill spent over seven years on this forum answering Iver Johnson questions and it the process helped thousands of people. He will be missed.

Please keep us updated and thank you for letting us know.
    Prayers sent for you and your family.

RIP old friend, you will be missed.
  3. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Holly, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I first joined this forum to find out about an old Iver Johnson that I inherited, and Bill was the first to respond. Your father was a help and assent to me and countless others here on the forum. He volunteered countless hours helping others, and he will be missed.

My prayers are with you and your family.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Bill, I will take a small glass of Brandy out in the moonlite tonight and drink a toast to you. You were a mentor to us all. Vaya con Dios, friend. You are already being missed. Holly, my prayers are with you and yours.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  5. Ron Legros

Ron Legros Member

Holly
    My sincere sympathy to you and your family. Your dad and I traded information on Iver Johnson over the years and his books were a wealth of knowledge for me and many other Iver Johnson collectors. He will be sorely missed.

Ron Legros
  6. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    holly,although i never owned a gun that i had to ask a question,i did applaud your father in being so helpful to others.he will be sorely missed.if and when you have the time please post on here where we can purchase his latest book.HOLLY BE PROUD OF YOUR FATHER,HE HAS TOUCHED MANY LIVES.our prayers are with you............old semperfi
  7. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

Holly, May your father go with God. I read many of his posts. I had never known anyone with his knowledge. He will be missed. My sincere condolences and my prayer go out to you.

Ken
  8. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

Holly,
    Sorry for your loss.
    Your father will be sorely missed!
    Prayers said for you and the rest of the family.
    Jim Ritchie
  9. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Holly. For you to have lost a brother and your father in such a short time must be a heavy load to carry. My prayers are with you and your family.

Historian, collector, friend to all, Bill Goforth was a kind man and one of a kind. He was generous with his vast knowledge which he was happy to share with so many people here on this forum. I speak for many here when I say I will miss reading his posts.

Rest in peace Bill.

Greg
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Prayers from here for you and all of Bill's family. He will be sorely missed.

Pops
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I, too, am praying you and the rest of the family, Holly. Your father will certainly be missed around here.
  12. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

OMG =(

We, here at TFF will never be the same... Prayers for the family sent from Tx...

Thank you, Bill... See you on the other side!

Donny
  13. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I'm so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. I pray for & your family Holly.Your dad helped lots of folks here & is much appreciated.
  14. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

My condolences to you and your family, Holly. Bill was a very helping and knowledgable man here on the forum and will be greatly missed.
    Prayers sent here from Ohio.
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Holly, thank you very much for letting us know, and please do keep us updated on arangements.

Heavenly Father, I come before you this morning with a heavy heart. My sadness is not for Bill, who is already in your presence, but for the rest of us that continue here without him. He was a good man, and is already missed by his family and a multitude of friends.
    I ask, Lord, that you would let each one know that you are there to lean upon in this time of loss. I ask that you would grant each one some measure of peace in a situation where there cannot be understanding.
    And for all of us, I ask that you would tell Bill 'Thank you' for a lifetime of service to others.

And I ask these things in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Alpha and the Omega.