The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Goforth - Expert of Iver Johnson & H&R

66K views 69 replies 68 participants last post by  wicked30 
#1 ·
My name is Holly Frank. I am the daughter of Bill Goforth the expert of Iver Johnson and H&R. I am sorry to let everyone know that my father has went on to be with the Lord last night. He was in the hospital to have a bypass on his aorta and last night he had a heart attack. The doctors did everything they could to help him. I know that he enjoyed answering each and every one of the questions that was posted for him. As you can tell guns were his life. Unfortunately, the only other person who knew just as much about these guns was my brother and he passed away this past July. At this time services are being finalized and then I will post the arrangements for everyone to know. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Thanks!
Holly Frank

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Holly, I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. I was just thinking of Bill since he hasn't posted in a couple of days. His advise was one of the things that made this forum what it is today. Bill spent over seven years on this forum answering Iver Johnson questions and it the process helped thousands of people. He will be missed.

Please keep us updated and thank you for letting us know.
Prayers sent for you and your family.

RIP old friend, you will be missed.

#3 ·
Holly, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I first joined this forum to find out about an old Iver Johnson that I inherited, and Bill was the first to respond. Your father was a help and assent to me and countless others here on the forum. He volunteered countless hours helping others, and he will be missed.

My prayers are with you and your family.

#6 ·
holly,although i never owned a gun that i had to ask a question,i did applaud your father in being so helpful to others.he will be sorely missed.if and when you have the time please post on here where we can purchase his latest book.HOLLY BE PROUD OF YOUR FATHER,HE HAS TOUCHED MANY LIVES.our prayers are with you............old semperfi

#9 ·
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Holly. For you to have lost a brother and your father in such a short time must be a heavy load to carry. My prayers are with you and your family.

Historian, collector, friend to all, Bill Goforth was a kind man and one of a kind. He was generous with his vast knowledge which he was happy to share with so many people here on this forum. I speak for many here when I say I will miss reading his posts.

Rest in peace Bill.

Greg

#15 ·
Holly, thank you very much for letting us know, and please do keep us updated on arangements.

Heavenly Father, I come before you this morning with a heavy heart. My sadness is not for Bill, who is already in your presence, but for the rest of us that continue here without him. He was a good man, and is already missed by his family and a multitude of friends.
I ask, Lord, that you would let each one know that you are there to lean upon in this time of loss. I ask that you would grant each one some measure of peace in a situation where there cannot be understanding.
And for all of us, I ask that you would tell Bill 'Thank you' for a lifetime of service to others.

And I ask these things in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Alpha and the Omega.

#17 · (Edited)
Holly,
I am sorrowed and shocked to hear this sad news. My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family, be strong, for him. He will be missed, greatly, but his works and generosity and knowledge will keep his name and SPIRIT alive for as long as there are firearms collectors and by those he touched. A man is remembered not by what or how much he owned at the end of his life, but by what he accomplished during his life and is measured by the number of those who called him friend. God bless you all. His final work WILL be completed.

#20 ·
It came as a real shock to me when I found out that OUR friend and mentor had passed on. Bill Goforth was one of the most giving individuals I have ever known, and he will be sorely missed. It's said that "knowledge is power", and he empowered us all with his learnings. He and his family will be in my prayers.
Old Gun Guy

#21 ·
I am sorry for your loss. But I am certain that you have a treasure chest full of great memories that you will never forget, and stick to the promise that you will one day be re-united with him in glory where there is no sorrow and no tears. Your father was known thru out this great country by the knowledge he shared with ANYONE who would seek his expertise, and expert he was. When he answered a question, you could take it to the bank that it was correct. He will be missed. Like shooter said, he was a HUGE part of what made this forum what it is. God bless you thru this difficult time, may you have his peace that passeth all understanding.

#22 ·
Bill Goforth was a fine man-a very fine man.
Find solace in this- God has a perfect plan.
I'm sure I speak for all the members of this forum when I say that if there is any way that we can return some of Bill's daily favors, we are here for you.
He expressed concern recently in an email that if something were to happen to him, you would be at a loss for what to do with his guns-and he was considering getting rid of them. If you run into problems, ask here and we will be happy to help you.

#23 ·
Holly, Sympathy and prayers for your loss. Your father was a kind and generous man always willing to give of his time and knowledge. Condolences

#25 ·
Goforth taught me alot, I will sorely miss him. Sorry for your loss Ms. Holly, Prayers from here aw well.

#26 ·
The firearms community has lost another great man. Prayers for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.