Bill Goforth - Expert of Iver Johnson & H&R

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by hollyfrank, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Holly,

I am sorry to hear of your fathers passing. He was very helpful to me a few times here. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. He will be missed.
  2. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Bill Goforth had extensive knowledge in his field. He gladly shared his wealth of information with any who asked. He will be greatly missed.
  3. Airdale

Airdale Member

Holly,

Thanks for taking the time to inform us of your loss.

Bill didn't know me but I considered him a friend. I was impressed with his vast knowledge but more impressed with his endless generosity to others.
    He will be missed.

God bless you and your family.

Tom
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Holly, I, too, will sorely miss your father and his freely given advice on both Iver-Johnson and H&R weapons. 45Aauto and Terry have expressed the feelings of most here at TFF and I couldn't have stated it any better.

Prayers have been sent for you and the family. May He give you comfort and wrap you in His healing arms as you walk through the grieving time.

The first handgun I ever shot was a five-shot Iver Johnson top-break that had been given my father by a girlfriend when he was sixteen. It had belonged to her father, a policeman in Bangor, Maine, who was killed on duty. It shot .38 Smith&Wesson shells. I believe I was six at the time. It needed work but we couldn't find anyone to do it back in the early forties. We would have given our right arms to have had Bill's knowledge available at that time.....
  5. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Member

Holly and family, I'm sorry for your sudden loss. Please accept my condolences.

Mr. Goforth was always so generous and helpful to the people on this forum. His example taught us a lot more than just about guns. We will miss him.
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Bill's absence will leave a hole that will not easily be filled. We are the poorer for our loss, and heaven is the richer for its gain.

May God be with you and your family, Holly. You are all in our prayers.
  7. Ken W

Ken W Member

I am saddened to hear this bad news. It is truly a great loss to the community. In fact Bill was the major reason that I joined this forum in the first place. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to all of his friends and family.
  8. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

Holly, it is very sad to hear such news. Your father was a decent and giving man and you must have been proud of him. He helped me several times with his knowledge and of course helped countless others. My most sincere condolences to you and your family.
    9 fingers
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your dad he helped everyone so much on this forum my prayers are with you
  10. jwh

jwh New Member

I just joined today and found this thread because I had an Ivers Johnson question. Sorry to hear about your Dad. RIP
    jwh
  11. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Condolences to Bill's family and to the shooting world in general. Bill will be missed greatly.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  12. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson New Member

Hello,
    My condolences. I rejoined the Forum to ask Bill a question and found we have lost a treasure. He will be sorely missed.
    Regards,
    Eric
  13. mclobas

mclobas New Member

Holly, so sorry to hear about your losses.
    He is in my prayers as are you.
    He lives on in all who he touched.
    We will all meet up in the end...till then
  14. pmeisel

pmeisel New Member

RIP. Missed and remembered.
  15. tygerlion

tygerlion New Member

Holly,
    I am so sorry for you loss. I literally just joined this site to ask your father a question, only to discover this information. I inherited an H&R from my grandmother (upon her recent passing) and I had a question for your father. I read through the entire H&R 922 What's it worth forum and your dad was such a wealth of information. He was so patient, posting and reposting the same and similar information for each person who had a question. I learned everything I know about this gun from your father. I am sorry for your recent losses.