Bill Goforth - Expert of Iver Johnson & H&R

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by hollyfrank, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Pinto

Frank Pinto New Member

So Sorry Holly.
  2. olhippie

olhippie New Member

Holly, I enjoyed reading your father's informative postings. He was a treasure trove of knowledge on either Iver Johnson, or H&R firearms. He can not be replaced. God Speed his course to the eternal joy of being in our Father's presence. My prayers are with you too! God bless and keep you in his light. Long life, and good health to you.
  3. larrybtoast

larrybtoast New Member

Holly,
    I just recently started getting into collecting firearms and the information that I have read from your father has been indispensable. I read that he had passed and felt as if I lost a friend that I never had the chance to meet. I am sure that the rest of the posters will agree that we will all miss him greatly.
  4. tomsawyer71

tomsawyer71 New Member

my sincere condolences to you and the family...

Don't hang on to pictures... the real memories are in your heart...
  5. jerryW

jerryW New Member

This iss my first day on this site but that said, my prayers go out to his family and friends, May God keep ya'll foprever in his arms and confort you with his Holy Spirit. JerryW
  6. gtrmachine

gtrmachine New Member

Hello Holly
    Nice to meet you! I am very sorry to hear your father passed away! My family will keep you & yours in our thoughts and prayers. May God Bless you all!
  7. bonnwood

bonnwood New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I was so impressed with his posts that I read earlier this week, I actually registered on this site for his expertise. I just posted about an H&R Pistol before I saw the tragic news. You and your family are in our prayers.
  8. sniperwiper

sniperwiper New Member

I too am sorry for your loss Holly. Just as bonwood posted above me, I also joined this site for his help. I have been following Mr. Goforth's posts around the internet for a while now, not realizing he had passed.

I know it's not much but my father was a state firearms instructor and for a good year after his death in 2010 I would be approached by people who would tell me how much they appreciated his expertise. It always made me feel so proud and it appears your father made likewise impressions and folks are still seeking him out on it! So for what it's worth I hope that gives you a little comfort.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  9. jdh6465

jdh6465 New Member

Holly, May God be with you and yours. I am sorry this is so late I just found out last night looking through general gun stuff on the internet. He helped me a long time ago and it meant a lot to me that good folks like him would take the time out of their busy days to help someone like me who didn't know where else to turn. He will be terribly missed.
  10. wicked30

wicked30 New Member

God bless your family in this time of sorrow, God speed to Bill. I am new to this forum, by the other posts ive read Bill was very highly thought of. Thank you Bill for the knowledge you shared so the rest of us may continue to enjoy our sport.