1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Bill Goforth - Expert of Iver Johnson & H&R

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by hollyfrank, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top_Breaker

Top_Breaker New Member

Holly,
    I've been a long time lurker of this forum and I just joined today upon learning about the loss of your father. I wanted to send my condolences. I watched how caring and knowledgeable he was over the years while looking here ever since I got into top breaks. I never knew him personally but I always had your Dad in mind from these forums when ever I purchased or studied about the Iver or H&R top break........ and if I ever had a question, I was confident he would be right there to help, even if coming from a total stranger who may have just shared an interest with the pistols. I can say that he touched and helped people in so many ways that were unlike anyone.
    I'm proud to have even read just one of his posts.
    My prayers are with you and your Dad...He will never be forgotten here. - Jay
  2. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Sorry to hear. Prayers for you and your family. He will be missed.
  3. 1gator

1gator New Member

God bless you and your family Holly. Your father was my only contact on this website, (not very good at computing) and I just completed the project that he helped me with and wanted to thank him for his help so I'll thank you and your family for your dad being the person that he was.
    THANK YOU
    1gator
  4. confederatemule

confederatemule New Member

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, corner of Texas
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. His, going Home, is a great loss to many of us.
    As you can tell, I am only here when I need help with a gun. The last time was in December, 2010.
    Your Dad was a great help, and inspiration, to me.

Mule
  5. Freek314

Freek314 New Member

His expert advice led me to register on this forum today. I'm very sorry to learn he has passed away, and hope your family does well in the future. I'm sure he is sorely missed.

Sincerely,
    D S Mooty
  6. LOBO

LOBO New Member

I joined this morning due to Mr. Goforths wonderful posts on H&Rs that I only read for the first time just a few minutes ago. Prayers sent from my family to yours Holly. God Bless.
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  7. J Miller

J Miller New Member

Holly,

I am soo very sorry to hear about your father's passing. I first met him on another now defunct forum where he helped me date my 1933 vintage H&R Sportsman. It got his attention some how and he asked me if I'd mind him putting the data from it in his upcoming book. I said; by all means go ahead.

I emailed him later and asked about the book and he said it wasn't finished yet. Then lost track of him and this forum.

Now, well now I'm going to miss him even though we only corresponded a few times via email.

I'll have to hunt down his book mentioned in the other thread and buy it.
    Crazy as it might seem, I was hoping for an autographed copy. Now I feel selfish.

My sincerest condolences to you and all of Bill's family.

Joe
  8. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Member

God rest his soul
  9. artabr

artabr New Member

I can't believe that I'm just seeing this now. What a shock.
    My prayers go out to his family.

Rest In Peace Mr. Goforth.

We are diminished. :(

Art
  10. bjones713

bjones713 New Member

I did not know him but judging by the posts, he is with the Lord Jesus now. We will all meet him someday. God bless you and the family. B. Jones in Arkansas.
  11. BDevlin2

BDevlin2 New Member

Holly, I have just joined this forum. However, your father helped me research a revolver my grandfather took with him to France during the First World War. My sincere condolences and prayers to you and your family. Your father will be greatly missed.
  12. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    I to am here because I found a thread answered by Bill Goforth.
    I never talked to the man but in reading his threads I wish I had.

It's tak'in since last new years eve when my Pop's passed to even
    talk about him without tears. & it's happening now again.

I'm so sorry for your Loss
    May God bless you & yours

Mac
  13. gizmo021244

gizmo021244 New Member

Holly, I just joined today, but your family will be in my prayers. God be with you all in your time of need.
  14. ramblinbill

ramblinbill New Member

Holly, I just learned of Bill's passing. He will will be greatly missed. His advice as well as his excellent book were a great help to me and many others.
    My prayers for you and your family.

Bill Massey
  15. w1spurgeon

w1spurgeon Member

Nobody taught me more about guns than Bill Goforth. He shared his knowledge and skill with me and did it with the greatest of patience. In the past I looked for opportunties to beat him to the forum to answer an Iver Johnson question using the knowledge he had imparted to me. I ALWAYS ended those answers with the statement "Did I get it right Mr. Goforth?" I hope at some point I was able to put a small smile on his face.

I already miss him.