Bill Goforth's Iver Johnson Reference book

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Old Gun Guy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

I don't know if this has been posted by someone else earlier, but I needed to say this. I received Mr. Goforth's book yesterday, and I am now kicking myself for not ordering it earlier. It is a wealth of information, and I would recommend anyone that collects Iver Johnson firearms to purchase this book. He obviously worked extremely hard to gather all the info that he did. My hats off to him, and I can't wait to get his H&R book when it finally comes out.
    Old Gun Guy
  2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Yes, it is a great book on a great American company.

Mr. Goforth also has my highest regard for his hard work.
  3. w1spurgeon

w1spurgeon Member

Bill Goforth's work does not stop with his well-researched books. He is the "resident expert" on such matters on this forum and freely gives of his time to provide answers to those of us who are less knowledgable. I've learned a lot from him and he has my gratitude and highest regard.
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

many thanks,
    you all had better stop now before i get a big head. i am not a writer i am a collector/researcher but it is nice to know people are willing to spend their hard earned money on something i wrote.
    bill
  5. Uncle-Nortee

Uncle-Nortee New Member

I have what I believe to be a 2nd model Safety hammer .32 but it does not have any letter designation before either serial number. The number is 58082. Any help here on determining exactly what year it is?
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  6. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Member

Is this book still available?
  7. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Yes, it's about $30. Bought mine on amazon or ebay or whatever but I believe it comes out of www.gunshowbooks.com 1-800-589-6261
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Look under the grip for full S.N. Post a pic if you can and give detailed info on all the markings including their location and we can dial it in for you.
    PS: Also you'll get a quicker response if you open a new thread in "Ask the pro's what it's worth" Usually the same day.
    Welcom to TFF.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012