Bill Maher

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teejay9, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Is it just me or does anyone hate Bill Maher as much as I do? I think he's a real a$$hole. Both him and Al Franken act as though EVERYONE agrees with them. Those that don't are just country bumpkin, gun toting, religious boobs. They're both so smug and self assured it makes me cringe. I admit I watch Maher's HBO show when nothing else is on just to see what ultra-liberal Americans think. I sure hope Ann Coulter gives him a shellacking when they "debate." He really needs to be brought down to reality level. Just venting here, but that s.o.b. really irks me. TJ
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

Bill who? :rolleyes:

I can't say what I'd like to say about this piece of whale poop. :mad:

Art
  3. Gewehrwolf

Gewehrwolf New Member

I think little Billy Maher is a small minded, smug, arrogant punk, nothing more. I don’t let his garbage mouth bother me, he’s only playing to the far-left radicals who watch his show.

No.........I don't like him at all..........:mad:
  4. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I agree with the general tone of sentiment here, too. I used to watch his show when it first aired, but as time went on, I couldn't stand how sarcastic, arrogant and vitriolic he got. And the "debates" never reached any kind of resolution; no one on the panels wanted to have their opinions altered or even enlightened; they just wanted air time. That's fine and dandy...but I couldn't stomach the obvious biases and lack of respect for those with whom he disagreed.

Someday, he's going to find out his "all that" is missing a bag of chips!!
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

Well said, 4evr. ;) :)

Art
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I couldn't agree more. :( :( :( :( :(
  7. Shooter973

Shooter973 New Member

His 15 minutes are just about up......:eek:
    He ranks right up there with Rosie, and he's about as relevant....:rolleyes:
  8. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Glad to see I'm not alone on this subject. I watched him and his "panel" laughing and making fun of the people that were on a "documentary" by Alexandra Pelosi about "How Right America Feels Wronged." They tried to come up with any lessm than articulate conservatives they could find, and attempted to scoff at their conservative concerns. I thought the conservatives did just fine. TJ
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Makes me more sure that the best thing I ever did for my sanity was to disconnect the TVs several years ago.

Pops
  10. dge479

dge479 New Member

cant stand him.
  11. Craiglylesa1

Craiglylesa1 New Member

completely agree, you wanna get really mad you should read the article in the new rolling stone. ive never seen a bigger douche bag.
  12. B 'n B

B 'n B New Member

It has occurred to me many times - like when reading the David Hasselhoff thread - Why do we assign more gravity to the utterances of such people that those of , say , drywall hangers or waitresses ?
  13. 38 special

38 special New Member

When I heard him the first time on TV He was kinda funny and He seemed somewhat intellectual. But when I heard him a couple more times, He came off as an aetheist, with a foul mouth who really had no meaningful life experience. I would really doubt that He ever hunted,fished,trapped or went into the woods just for the love of it let alone had any appreciation for fine guns or shooting/reloading. I could be wrong though. I havent seen or heard him in years so I only have my impressions from several years ago.
  14. Deathbunny

Deathbunny Former Guest

Well, yeah. He came off as an atheist because he is an atheist. Sorta like saying Jerry Falwell comes off as Christian. :D

Maher is an interesting guy. Admittedly, he goes over the top a lot, but so what? So does Rush. And Ann Coulter. (Actually, if anyone was gonna go completely postal -- I'd bet on Ann. She doesn't seem like she's wrapped to tight.) But it's TV. The left preaches to the left and the right to the right. For every liberal applauding Maher, there's a conservative cheering for Rush. I can't really take either side too seriously because they both seem to have no sense of moderation. But it is fun to watch.
  15. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I think he and Keith Olbermann are the two biggest pr...s on T.V. these days!! I will at least listen to a liberals point of view and acknowledge they have a right to their beliefs,- these guys, like most liberals, do not do that.