1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

talked to a guy that is in the service and he told me he and the rest of his crew had bin laden on a walkie talkie and had him surrounded ready to take him in and they never sent for others and cancelled the mission? they let him go:eek:
  2. topper

topper New Member

I believe Bin Laden is living in america on a ranch of a wealthy ex-president in central texas. Probably serves drinks, mops floors, fixes fence, etc.
  3. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

The above story has been mentioned in several books on Al Qaeda, including The Looming Tower: Al Qaeda and the Road to 9/11. If this person is claiming firsthand knowledge I would be highly suspicious because the team that had captured his radio traffic was a small Special Forces team in the mountains of Afghanistan. An interesting note is it was former President Clinton who gave the order to pass on Bin Laden because Clinton believed he wasn't a threat to the US.
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Actually they had him out in the open and in the crosshairs for a missle attack and Clinton said no because of the possibilty of collerateral damage to civilians. My opinion the people close to him aren't civilians, fire in the hole.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Do you think that if it were Russia that had him in their crosshairs that they would have pulled the trigger? Hell yeah, PC works against you 90% of the time.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Beth at what time period do you refer

it was widely beleived that Bin Laden was at Tora Bora when the assault was pulled back on the paki side and many terrorists got free that way , but i do not have any firm proof of this and i've looked hard at it, i personally beleive he was there but again as for proof .. who knows
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

as far as i have heard, he's suspected of being in northern pakistan just across the afghanistan-pakistan border.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Jack don't know the time period this soldier i was sitting next to told me about it?