The Firearms Forum banner

bipod for deer hunts

813 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  howlnmad 
#1 ·
I am looking into getting one of these. My lean is more towards a bipod. Primos has the trigger stick version but I am unsure. The cost is about $120 whereas a manually adjusting one is $40ish. My husting will be mostly sitting on a stool waiting for Bambi to walk by while sipping coffee inside a ground blind. There will also be times I will be out in the open by a tree or fence line. No deer stand this year.

which one would you get. I will be hunting in the eastern part of South Dakota with light hills and the occasional tree grove.

#2 ·
Couple things to consider. I chose to buy two of them. One also serves as a walking stick. It has a foam handle and the "v" comes out the top when needed. It is thick enough to allow me to use it as a cane and is easy to adjust the height. The second one is from Walmart and is compact and will hold the gun, but not me. The nice part about the walley world one is the top "v" unscrews and you can attach a camera and stick it in the ground for selfies or video long periods. It is also easy to adjust the height.

#4 ·
I often use a Mono-pod (Primos trigger stick) while sitting in my blind or in my tree stand. It offers enough stability and can be moved (pivoted) left and right easily without having to lift it up and move the whole thing.

#5 ·
For sitting in a chair in a ground blind, I'd go with a mono-pod because of the height. If you were going to be sitting on the ground leaning against a tree, I'd go with a Harris bi-pod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.