Bipod on a .22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Trevor1837, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

I was looking for a bipod for my savage mark ii. I have been looking at the Harris bipods, and the website says the S series
    I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around what this does, it seems to me that this would make the rifle a lot less stable then a traditional bipod style. I think it would be a lot harder to put accurate shots down range with the rifle wobbling from side to side.

I use the rifle frequently to hunt rabbits and at the range. and was wondering, in your guys opinion, would this "S series" or a more traditional bipod be better for me?
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I think yer reading too much into the word.

It doesn't mean you can point left to right. What it does is allow you to cant the rifle a bit to keep the sights parallel to the horizon. You still have to do your part.

For bench shooting, I wouldn't recommend it. Prone on the ground, it's a nice feature.
  3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I agree with Bob. I didn't go with the swivel model as I shoot the rifle from the bench. Get you a sand bag that you can put under the heal of the butt and by squeezing that sand bag a bit or relaxing it a bit you can adjust your elevation and still stay stable.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013