1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Bipod on a .22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Trevor1837, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

I was looking for a bipod for my savage mark ii. I have been looking at the Harris bipods, and the website says the S series
    I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around what this does, it seems to me that this would make the rifle a lot less stable then a traditional bipod style. I think it would be a lot harder to put accurate shots down range with the rifle wobbling from side to side.

I use the rifle frequently to hunt rabbits and at the range. and was wondering, in your guys opinion, would this "S series" or a more traditional bipod be better for me?
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I think yer reading too much into the word.

It doesn't mean you can point left to right. What it does is allow you to cant the rifle a bit to keep the sights parallel to the horizon. You still have to do your part.

For bench shooting, I wouldn't recommend it. Prone on the ground, it's a nice feature.
  3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I agree with Bob. I didn't go with the swivel model as I shoot the rifle from the bench. Get you a sand bag that you can put under the heal of the butt and by squeezing that sand bag a bit or relaxing it a bit you can adjust your elevation and still stay stable.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013