Birmingham proof marked small flintlock pistol value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gfleet, Dec 14, 2010.

1. gfleet

gfleet New Member

My father passed away recently and I'm trying generate money for my mother. I know nothing about these style weapons, although I"m a gun enthusiast.I'm sure dad picked this gun up overseas while he was fighting in wwII. If anyone has knowledge of this type flintlock and value if any it would be greatly appreciated. I can make out the birmingham co. mark. Crown - X - V in 2 places on the bottom of barrel - by the piece that is used to unscrew the barrel.The pics I have are best I can do for now.Will try for better if warranted. Thanks, gfleet

Attached Files:

2. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Very nice percusion boxlock. it is a screw barrel, The last show I went to, these were priced at about $400 to $500. Prices may have been higher for the show than in a dealers shop.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

The improperly fitted stock decreases the value of the pistol. If you had someone with skill fit the stock properly with correctly fitted screws it will sell more quickly. Even without the stock issue, I think the pistol would be hard to sell for $400.00.