Bitten by the BRNO BUG

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by pawn, Feb 14, 2009.

1. pawn

pawn Active Member

2. jrg

jrg New Member

Excellent choices, those Brno #1s are beautiful rifles.

[​IMG]
  3. pawn

pawn Active Member

Thanks. Looks like you have a model #1 there as well, very nice. :) I think I remember you from RFC forum.

I also have a CZ Varmint and now a CZ 511 is on the way. :D

I am always on the lookout for my next BRNO though. DJ has a nice Model #2 on brand-x auction. I would like to get a model #4 at some point.

Czech firearms are addictive. :eek:

~pawn
  4. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Anyone have the CZ 452 Lux? I've been wanting one of those for a while. The BRNO factory made some damn good firearms.
  5. pawn

pawn Active Member

Yes! BRNO's are tough to beat in terms of quality, craftsmanship, accuracy and value. A superior manufacturer many are unfamiliar with... too bad they closed the doors.
  6. jrg

jrg New Member

Yup, RFC member all right. CZ firearms are what brought me to RFC in first place, nice place to learn about rimfire specifics.

Dianalv, I don't have the LUX, but do have the Special, Scout in .22lr, and the FS in .22 Magnum. All are very fun to play with. The Euro hogsback stock of the LUX model are made more for iron sight useage, so if you are considering a scope on yours, the American, Silhouette or Varmint might be a better match. Just saying is all - my Special is scoped, and does not mount naturally. More of a jaw weld than cheek weld - it works, but doesn't feel natural.
  7. pawn

pawn Active Member

welcome to TFF jrg.
  8. dianalv

dianalv New Member

All my rifles are scoped, but the Lux looked like a great rifle for open sights. The long barrel would enhance accuracy with open sights, so I did not plan to scope that one when I got it. Should at least have one without a scope on it. If that's not a good choice, let me know!

I have a postwar sporterized VZ-24 (made at the BRNO factory) rebarreled in 30.06. Needs a new stock, as the old one is cracked in several places. If anyone knows where I can get a stock to fit it, I'd appreciate it. Been contemplating trying to make one for it.
  9. pawn

pawn Active Member

check your pm dianalv
  10. jrg

jrg New Member

Thanks pawn - looks like a friendly forum. :cool:

You could do a lot worse than pick a CZ when it comes to strictly iron sighted rifles. I consider those sights to be the best sighting system you can use - very shooter friendly. If you really enjoy them, try the aperture blade switch made by JNP - you will be amazed at the ease of using them.

http://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php?cPath=10&osCsid=3a690a6cc95b95b1f58a7e2508c2c770

Or use as is.
  11. pawn

pawn Active Member

Yes Sir. Some of the best folks you'll find gravitate to this forum. It is internet home to me. :)

I have purchased hex head action screws for my varmint and model #1 plus hex wood screws for the CZ from J&P. Those guys are aces in my book. Do you have a picture of a rifle with those aperture blade sights mounted? I don't plan to scope the 511 as it has the "hogback" stock. I am interested in aperture sights. :D

Thanks.

~pawn

PS- my interest in CZ isn't limited to rifles. I purchased a CZ75 Kadet a few months back and just recently scored a CZ 52 in 7.62 Tok.

12. Gerald D

Gerald D New Member

I think I can help you with that.:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just slips right into the slot for the factory rear sight blade, comes in 1/16, 3/32,1/8 inch holes.
  13. pawn

pawn Active Member

Welcome Gerald :D

It is awesome to have you guys contributing to this board. :)

And thanks for the pics.

~pawn