Black Eagle, Chrono Pict

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Zhurh, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I told ya sooner or later, had to make 3x4 hole gun side of V's to stop faults but she workey fine. I like to get about 1000 rounds loaded up prior to hunting season, don't need that many, but they'll go to good use. Family uses 270, 7 mag, 6.8, 338 fed, 338 win mag, and 30-378 Mark V; but shoot the AR's more than anything. Don't look like the 308 scar will be in before September, but that'll have to be for nx year I guess.

30-378, 180 TTSX, RL 22, 89 grains-2897 to 99 grains-3267 Was .5 at 100 yards with 99 too and no extractor marks today.

When I fired one of those Weatherby 180 accubond factory shells, chrono said 3421 and almost couldn't get bolt open; wonder how many grains and what they use?

My 7 mag 160 n.p. and 270 150 n.p. were pretty close to each other, 2800 & 2837.

338 fed Armalite 210 n.p. H-322 42 grains 2458; funny thing the Hornady factory rounds gave me 25 something. I'm going to load some 185 ttsx tonight and try nx day or so.

Anyway, that black dot above the orange 100 yards away was target, through the hole and v's first.

[​IMG]
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Nice shot of your set-up. Sure hope the next time I get up to AK that I can do some shooting with you and the family.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the picture, Zhurh.

Looks like a great setup. Now I see how it works, maybe I'll try something similar, see if I can get better readings off mine. Just wish I could shoot off my back porch. :D

Good shooting; looks like you've found some good loads there.
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Blk Eag, With the board, you don't need a 3x3 inch hole, actually 1.5X1.5 would be fine and a piece of plexiglass would be nice too. Nearest place I can buy plexiglass is 400 mile drive, one way; why I used ply. That chrono sure is nice just the same, why'd I wait so long to get one?

That hot weatherby factory ammo that gave me almost 3500 with 180 accubonds, was recalled, checked lot number; I'm sending it back. I would have never known it was going so fast until I shot through chrono. I just might take one apart to see how much the powder does weigh.

Woolley, all kinds of people get up here to visit. Just have to plan trip around hunting season. Let the wifey go shopping and you go kill some caribou & wolves. Geds says he's coming up in Sept with his wife to see Alaska. I told him that he should drive up our way, let wife see Alaska and him get a caribou; but he said it's her trip and that's cool. I'd be driving down a road seeing all kinds of Alaska with caribou out on the road every few miles and me with a loaded gun on my lap. We're 200 miles outta his planned trip, just hope that he sees caribou but sure he'll see moose.

One of my old huntin buddies is flying up and staying 3-4 weeks. This guy is in his 70's and took me out west to Idaho & Montana elk hunting 25 years back with his gang and it was great. Hope to show him the favor returned and even though it'll be quite alot road hunting; he'll do his share of killin, quite the natural ole Fred is at.

Anyway, hunting Alaska is always cool when you know somebody that knows the country your at.
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Someday...it would sure be nice to get up there for some hunting and fishing. I got spoiled on fishing in Canada.