1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Black Powder Cannons

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by jwchessell, May 11, 2008.

1. jwchessell

jwchessell Member

Hello Fellows:

I'm interested in building a naval black powder cannon and a field artillery black powder cannon. I have all the skills to build the carriages, but not the metal-working skills to make the cannon barrel.

I'd like to purchase two cannon barrels that are designed for real shooting -- somewhere between golf-ball and billiard-ball sized bore. That would make the actual barrels somewhere between 30" and 50" inches long, depending on caliber/bore diameter.

Where is the best place on the web to find reasonably priced cannon barrels? I've looked at the websites of all the major manufacturers, and their products, while very beautiful, are also very expensive.

There are a few for sale on internet websites, such as ebay and *********.com -- but how to determine if they are safe to fire?

All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

jwchessell@rockisland.com