Black powder Pistol

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 72blazer, Jul 23, 2012.

1. 72blazer

72blazer New Member

Can anyone help identity if the pistol and value of it ?? On the right side it looks like London and left side AWSPIDS on it, fold up trigger, bottom of grip has spring loaded door and it's round, alot of engraving, at the muzzle it's has 4 notches, barrel is 4 1/8 inchesand that to the frame,center top nipple bp leftside gun.jpg

bp left side better.jpg

bp right side.jpg

bp top view.jpg
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Maybe it is just the glare of your lighting or flash; but it looks like it has been aggressively cleaned in phosphoric acid and wire brush or deburr wheel buffed.

Such practices greatly devalue just about anything that they are applied to.

Probably made between 1835 and 1870. If it is English or Belgian or French it should show some proof markings.
  3. 72blazer

72blazer New Member

My Son in law father I think took a wire brush to it, I'm just trying to find Info and value it would be.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

1/3rd to 1/2 of what it was before the brush , $ 150 - 250 if in working order for the nice london boot pistol with the box lock and drop trigger on a good day , less if a bad one

folks dont like to buy them when they get brushed like that , sorry , your better off with the dirty surface