1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Black powder - what a blast!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by WHSmithIV, Sep 27, 2012.

1. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Well, a couple weeks ago I bought this little US Revolver Co. .32 S&W. I had put a bid in on brandx and won it at $36. Brought it home from my local FFL (have to get my C&R ASAP). After cleaning it, oiling it and checking out everything that can be checked I knew it was safe to test fire. I also found an older box of 32 S&W ammo from the same auction house - mostly newer smokeless but a few older rounds. So, I figure "may as well use the older rounds first". Lo and behold - all 3 that I fired did fire perfectly and they were black powder rounds! What a hoot! Did the test firing in the front yard at the 3ft high target tree stump just after dark - wow! Smoke, flash - black powder blowback on my hand and a little on my shirt too! Definitely a thrill! Never fired a black powder cartridge in my life before!

Here's the little tiny pistol when I bought it - been too busy to take some new pics of it though.

What a joy that test was :)

Attached Files:

2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Cool, I used to fire old ammo like that when I was younger and it was not collector ammo. The revolver you have was made for black powder ammo. If you reload you can load your own black powder 32 S&W ammo and blaze away.
  3. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Actually, this revolver was made for smokeless. It was manufactured in 1930. Certainly does shoot black powder though :)