Black powder - what a blast!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by WHSmithIV, Sep 27, 2012.

1. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Well, a couple weeks ago I bought this little US Revolver Co. .32 S&W. I had put a bid in on brandx and won it at $36. Brought it home from my local FFL (have to get my C&R ASAP). After cleaning it, oiling it and checking out everything that can be checked I knew it was safe to test fire. I also found an older box of 32 S&W ammo from the same auction house - mostly newer smokeless but a few older rounds. So, I figure "may as well use the older rounds first". Lo and behold - all 3 that I fired did fire perfectly and they were black powder rounds! What a hoot! Did the test firing in the front yard at the 3ft high target tree stump just after dark - wow! Smoke, flash - black powder blowback on my hand and a little on my shirt too! Definitely a thrill! Never fired a black powder cartridge in my life before!

Here's the little tiny pistol when I bought it - been too busy to take some new pics of it though.

What a joy that test was :)

Attached Files:

2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Cool, I used to fire old ammo like that when I was younger and it was not collector ammo. The revolver you have was made for black powder ammo. If you reload you can load your own black powder 32 S&W ammo and blaze away.
  3. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Actually, this revolver was made for smokeless. It was manufactured in 1930. Certainly does shoot black powder though :)