Black rifle prices?

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by icm856, Feb 15, 2009.

1. icm856

icm856 New Member

It looks like prices on AR-15's have peaked. The price doesn't seem to be dropping, however they are not going up anymore (right now anyway).

Supply has been a little bit better as well. The local gun shops have most models back in stock now, with a few exceptions. Prices are still high though. Entry level AR's that were $1000 or less are now selling in the $1300 dollar range. Colt 6920's are going for $1700+ (Government model $1500).

So what's the "Black Rifle" situation in your area?
  2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine is tired of waiting and has had to resort to having one custom built.
    He's getting a sweetheart deal on M4 design.($800)
    I guess he's got a good buddy who also is pretty handy.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

In the "mid-Michigan" area...

The big-box sporting goods store (Dunham's) sold out right before the inauguration, and they hadn't raised their prices since they got those in stock 5+ months back. In fact, they had a Remington R-15 that had been "on sale" since at least September, and it didn't sell until after the first of the year.

Last I checked--almost two weeks ago :(--the local gun shop (next town over) still had two black rifles in stock, plus a Saiga 12 gauge. He actually had 6 on the shelf, but 4 were already sold. The ones still up for sale were a Century in .223 for $899 and a DPMS in .308 for $1300 IIRC.
  4. Dr342

Dr342 New Member

Here on the Florida pan-handle, there was a mass panic about August of 08. Everything was gone by January. Ar-15 lower stripped recievers were $85 last Feb are now $250+. All .223, .308, 30-06 & 7.62x39 ammo has dissapeared. Most .223 & 7.62x39 russian stuff is $10 per box. I have found a reliable pawn shop owner who hasnt jacked his ammo prices yet, but the Black Rifles are over the top. If you want an M-1A, forget it, there are non to be had. A used one in a local shop is $2200. Hope everyone on this forum is a member of the NRA and Votes!!! It will get worse before it gets better.
  5. sandclow

sandclow New Member

In Texas...
    we bought my hubby's in October for around $800, then in November bought mine for $1,100. Now the exact same gun (ours are both Bushmaster) is running around $1,350. This is the price at our local gunshop, some we've seen a little cheaper, some a little more expensive, but this is pretty much the average. Would love to get some more, just so one day our kids will have their own as well (my 6 year old daughter, who is already a dead shot with her Cricket & Ruger 10/22 is determined to have an AR too).
  6. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Plateaued may be a better term. I think just like the economy it's going to get much worse before (if?) it ever gets better.
  7. Jimdo

Jimdo New Member

I'm about an hour southeast of St. Louis MO. and its the same here, hell, I think that it is the same everywhere.
    Most of the manufacturers have a very long back order list, making it hard for us dealers to even obtain any NIB AR's.
  8. Rolando404

Rolando404 New Member

I bought my Sig 556ER 6/10/2009 for $1,700. Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :)
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Less than a grand.

Free floated chrome heavy barrel.
    RRA match trigger
    Simmons WhiteTail Classic scope.
    Burris P.E.P.R. mount
    Harris HBRM-S bipod
    5 20 rnd Magpuls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wouldn't sell it for twice that.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
  10. Rolando404

Rolando404 New Member

They had bushmasters for $999.99, but went with better brand.
  11. dkgva1

dkgva1 New Member

RRA Entry Tactical w/ tactical carry handle in Richmond, Va for $1049.00 Most places want a few hundred more............if you can find it.
  12. conan1

conan1 New Member

CMMG M-4 bought for $715 in Nov 08. Had ATI Crusader already. List on it is $1900. Was going to sell the NV to buy more black rifles but wife said NO! OK, I'll keep it. CMMG AR-15 .jpg

CMMG AR-15.jpg
  13. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

never heard of a better brand than a bushmaster.
  14. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

around 1100 here for a basic ar, what ever brand happens to be around. bushmasters or stag or dpms.

the only reason i dont buy one now is that i wouldnt be able to shoot it cause of the price of ammo. im thinking i'll opt for an ak if'n i get anything tactical, can get one for around 500, buglarian i think, then i'll spend the rest on ammo and mags.
  15. hayes1966

hayes1966 New Member

There was nothing available in CT when the great one took office, now they are back to reasonable prices ($850-$1100) depending on model. There still are a few stores out there with one or two on the counter with inflated prices. A few of the stores jumped on the band wagon and made a few bucks but are paying the price now.

Rolando404 that SIG looks awsome .. I haven't seen any of those in CT but the reviews are good! Having a couple of FAL I do like the piston system.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009