Black Rifles

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by cycloneman, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do you use a black rifle to hunt with?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2011.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. I would like to

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Never, that's just not right

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

exactly

makes me wonder why there are 9 votes for no and 1 vote for i would never.
  2. Chinook

Chinook New Member

It is certainly hard to distinguish the technicalities.. I rabbit hunt with a 10/22 sometimes, and my buddy has a 10/22 as well, 'cept its all black. Matte black barrel, reciever comes black, and a black stock. Its a fairly "tactical" looking .22, but its fun for him. My rabbit rifles might have a buncha custom stuff, like stocks, barrels, and custom powdercoat... But my 10/22 would not appear to be a "black rifle" while my buddy looks like hes carrying around an AR'ish looking, short barrel, collapsible stock pack-rifle thru the heavy timber... Is his a black rifle? Im not sure Id refer to it as that, but plenty of folks do...My coyote rifle is a true black platform gun tho. AR in .223, but that the only one I own, which is weird since I really enjoy shooting that rifle so much.
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Think of the weapons you're seeing in the hands of modern military, and more and more civilians. That's not the entire spectrum, but you're on the way.
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

"Black rifle" is a crutch that us pro-gunners have given to what the liberal anti-educated morons call "assault weapons." The guns have been slanted to "look" evil. In fact, they're just utilitarian. In no way did the 2nd Amendment say that every firearm produced for civilian consumption had to have a hand-carved Kentucky Rifle stock. In fact, the mere thought that so many folks have bought into the "black rifle" bad thing tells me that the media is getting into the ranks of the pro-gun.

"You don't need one of those guns" soon turns to "why do you need a gun?"...

I had someone that I respect recently ask me if it was legal to hunt with an AK-variant, which I regularly use. I said, "yes, and why would you ask that?... It's a normally functioning semi-automatic rifle..." Yes, the public perception bug has bitten even the gun-loving community.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

The military uses the M-16 or the M-4 or a variable of them they don't use an AR-15. Just as the 223 and 556 are different the m-16 is different than my AR-15.

Plus an Assult rifle is a select fire. My AR-15 only shoots semiauto.

Again what's he difference between a Remington 700 sps and an ar-15? Other than the fact that some old uneducated jack wagons like to bash a rifle based on what the liberial media fills their head with.

If I get a call to go ground hog bunting I reach for my RRA PPR before my 3# heavier remmy 700. My at is more accurate lighter and it allowes me to carry 20 rounds in the gun and 20 more in my back pocket with ease.

I grew up in a house where the only semiauto was my 10-22 and the M-1 Garand. we shot bolt actions and a few lever guns and some single shots. Semiauto was not for hunting.

I spent 8 years in the army taking care of the m-16 so for me to buy an ar is just normal. I know this platform inside and out seeing as I also took the US Army armoire course and passed with a 100% perfect score. Gaining one of the fastest times on disassembly and reassembly of them M-16 and the M-240b.

If you don't like what I shoot I don't care last time I looked this is a free country. If I wanted to wear a leather loin cloth and hunt pigs with a $3 Bowie knife I can in many states. S mind your own business.

United we triumph divided we fall. As long as someone is a responsible gun owner they could hunt with a pink and green rocket powered chain say as long as they own guns they are a friend of mine.
  6. vytoland

vytoland New Member

black or white or purple...i dont hunt
  7. V509

V509 Member

I have a Colt AR-15 NM that I varmint hunt with
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Here's another one for the respondents to this thread...

Is a traditional bolt gun with a synthetic stock a "black gun?"

Why or why not?

Would you hunt with one over a more traditional military-style "black" rifle?

Why or why not?
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011