1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Black Russian SKS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Indysks
    (11/20/01 10:09:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Black Russian SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been reading for the last few days and saw an entry asking questions about an sks with a Black Bolt. I have a KBI INC. Imported Russian sks. It to has the black bolt. Before you can get upset that yours is black look at the web page www.simonov.net/uberrussian.htm and hit the bar about refurbished sks's. All the Info you are asking is on this page. It was done by the Russians after inspections. They are usually good as new, and in any case better than Chineese.

God Bless America.

tuckerd1
    (11/20/01 10:13:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Black Russian SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Indysks! Thanks for the info! Stick around and join in the fun!

Indysks
    (11/20/01 11:03:00 pm)
    Thank You For the welcome. I have been skimming my way through the rooms, Alot of info here. I have found alot about Mossins, and sks' on line. I am glad I did before I went to disassemble the bolt assy on my M44. I would have done some damage. If anyone wants information on these guns I have tons of web pages, just ask.

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/20/01 11:12:24 pm)
    Indysks - nice to meet you and welcome to our board.

Glad you've been learning a lot in regards to these weapons - they are fun are they not?

polishshooter
    (11/20/01 11:18:28 pm)
    Yeah, bunch of Mosin Men here, Indysks, we love 'em!

I have one each Polish, Romanian, and Hungarian, two Russians (a blonde wartime, and a laminated post war) and a type 53 I just bought...

Looking to upgrade the Pole and Hunky, and cut the ones I got up for my scout or FAT shorty.

Plus I always am looking for a 1943, an East German, and a Tula...

Have you checked out Tuco's?

I only have one 91, and three 91/30s so far, still seem to buy 44s first when I get extra money...

I'm from Indiana too...not far from Indy...

Welcome...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Indysks
    (11/20/01 11:33:48 pm)
    I think I met you at the Indy show with your sks. I have four sks' and three are romanian, and this one a russian. I like the quality of the romanian ones. I have had no problems with them. I have a 57, 58, and a 59. the 59 is the only one that doesn't have matching #s . I bought it with a Monte Carlo stock, and I shoot it most. the other three are nice and I want to keep them that way.
    Have you tried the web page,
    www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/start.htm
    It has a lot of really good info about them. I know it is all old to you guys, but you may find it interesting..

TallTLynn
    (11/21/01 12:00:53 am)
    Indy - please don't think it's all old hat to some of us.

The guys here can tell you I'm a total idiot when it comes to identifying or even explaining what is wrong with a weapon.

They are however very patient with me.

gpostal
    (11/21/01 1:18:28 am)
    welcome Indysks

dont let t fool you she is learning fast by trial and error ,heck she has probably taken her guns down further than i have

you gotta watch that polish guy he will have you shooting springs all over the room and jamming your thumb in the action {hehe}

TallTLynn
    (11/21/01 1:28:18 am)
    gpostal - I may have broken down my guns more than you but I'm sure you've had better luck putting them back together, though so far I've gotten them all back together in one piece (at least I think they are - lol).

We'll see when I take the AK out to shoot this weekend (if I got it right it'll work, if not I'm going to be one po'd Irish lady.

Bob In St Louis
    (11/21/01 7:46:21 am)
    Welcome Indysks - jump on in anytime. I have dabbled with a few of them Moisin Nagants and SKS rifles. - sold off a bunch of them, as some others here can attest!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/22/01 2:07:14 pm)
    Welcome and thanks for sharing the site, I'm going there after I get caught up here. I have one Russian SKS all matching, one M44 all matching and one 91/30.

polishshooter
    (11/22/01 10:24:46 pm)
    IndySKS, are you the guy that I met right at the end and walked out with, and told about the site?

GREAT, good to see you made it...let me know when you are going to the next Indy 1500, maybe we can meet and walk around together, it's always fun to have company...at the very least we can share "wish lists," and meet later to compare notes, with two sets of eyes, maybe we can find what the other is looking for and give him a "heads-up."

Still have the SKS, REALLY glad I didn't sell it, they have completely dried up except for "No Finish" ones, and now I've mounted the scope on it, and a 1" extension I got from Lasher, I'm going to keep it...

We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915