1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Black Students Hitting Piñata Shaped Like A White Woman.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by raven818, Apr 17, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A Tennessee university is expressing regret after a photo surfaced showing a group of black boys hitting a piñata shaped like a white woman.

“We want to assure our community that no racial or gender animosity was intended,” a University of Memphis spokesman said in a statement provided to Fox News.

The photograph was taken during a luau sponsored by the University of Memphis Dept. of Residence Life and Dining Services. It showed a grade school student about to hit a Hula dancer piñata.

“This was one of numerous activities which occurred during the RHC Luau,” a popular event that has been held for more than 10 years,” the statement read – noting that the hula dancer was one of three piñatas used in the event.

“The photograph taken out of context may be disconcerting, but we want to assure our community that no racial or gender animosity was intended,” the statement concluded.

However, that’s not how some students observed the activity. Some called it “reverse racism,” according to television station WMC.

“It didn’t look right, just because of the social climate we’re in right now,” university student Veronica Birmingham told WMC. “How could somebody be so insensitive and not realize this might cause an issue?”

Birmingham told the television station she took the photograph and sent it to a friend who posted it on Facebook.

http://tinyurl.com/cwgn6dk
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

All I can say is ......:rant::banghead::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Teaching them young aint they?......
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Once upon a time in a galaxy far away, the most popular four words used were..don't bogart that joint...now it's...taken out of context.
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

“The photograph taken out of context may be disconcerting, but we want to assure our community that no racial or gender animosity was intended,” the statement concluded.

SO....

The effigy of a black man hanging from a tree is a hate crime, but the effigy of a white woman hanging from a tree, being beaten by black children for the sake of candy and prizes isn't? :eek:

Only in America.
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well put.
  8. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Was the pinata wearing a noose?
  9. cycloneman

DId they only beat the thing. I wouldn't be suprised if they each took turns with her. Yes i mean sexually.

Now when i was a kid i would have known better than to take a stick at a pinata in the shape of any person. I want you to go back to when you were a child and tell me if you would have hit the thing? Not to even mention if it were a black pinata. I would have known that was wrong. So who made up this pinata?
  10. cycloneman

THIS IS NOT OVER. I WANT TO KNOW WHO MADE THIS PINATA? I WANT TO SEE A PICTURE OF THE PERSON, NO SCUMBAG WHO MADE THIS. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AND CANT FIND IT YET. DOES ANYONE KNOW? THAT PINATA LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE MY DAUGHTER. IF YOUR NOT PISSED OFF AT THIS THEN YOUR DEAD. THE WORLD SHOULD STOP TURNING TILL WE FIND WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THIS AND THAT PERSON FIRED.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  11. 76Highboy

I want an arrest made over the beating of that pinata. It was hunted down like a dirty dog.
  12. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Only in Memphis!
  13. cycloneman

I am serious. If you or me did something like this we would be interviewed by head shrinks and put threw the ringer. Time for equal justice.
  14. 76Highboy

I am serious too. I am just saying the same thing that they said. If they can we can however it is not that way. It is very biased. I strongly agree with you.
  15. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Only in the Socialized States of Obamanation.