Black Widow found in my fishing chair (Pics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big ugly, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

The wife was digging out my fishing chair and there in the bag was nice big fat BLACK WIDOW. Imagine our Joy since this was on the front porch and my children play out there constantly

Attached Files:

2. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Ooooh, I hate those things. We have them bad around here. We also have alot of the brown ones too, some people call them wood widows. Exactly like the black ones but brown with an orange hourglass. They get in everything.:mad:

Like this...[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  3. bmpeele

bmpeele New Member

These things creep me out!
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

The best thing for killing those is starting fluid. The 'cold' sucks the life right out of them.
    As a matter of fact they don't even move, dead sitting right in the same spot.

Those are some great pictures by the way. When I usually see them it is always from the top.
  5. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I'm thinking a 230 gr round of .45 ACP would dispatch both of them. ;)
  6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Big, you might want to try some Ortho Home Defense available at Lowe's and Home Depot among others. I had a spider problem in my basement and it solved that. I now spray the foundation twice a year and so far it is keeping the home bug free. It is supposed to be fairly safe for humans and pets.

My cuz down in Louisiana had the exterminators to his home monthly and switched to the Home Defense and he also sprays twice a year and it is working and he no longer needs the commercial exterminator.

I spray the shooting table and the roof over it now with that product and it has solved the problem of mud dobers, wasps, hornets and spiders at the shooting location and at the outhouse. Seems like a good product.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

we call them Red back's here , nasty

i hear the US ones will kill a kid , or frail person , ours are 50/50 with adults but we have a anti venom for them so dont have the losses we used to have

the buggers like outhouses here

theres a slim dusty song , "redback on the toilet seat" you may want to you tube .. you'll love it .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR0qyslUeD8&feature=related
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

they taste ok.. Thatll save on the cost of the ammo and the ortho, AND dinner..;)
  9. geds

geds New Member

Be careful getting your mail. We've found them in our mailbox. We have a box inside a brick column and they escape through a drain hole into the brick so the best way to get them is to stick a bug bomb in the box.

Have to remember to get it out and ventilate before the mail lady shows up though!
  10. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

That is a pretty good size black widow there big ugly. We get them all the time around where I live but I do not see them that big very often. If I leave anything outside the first thing I do is check it for spiders.
  11. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Went to clean our garage at the house in Tucson at the end of last summer. Found one of those along with a dead tarantula in its web. Needless to say, the wife had us bomb the place heavily. Did I mention the rattlesnake on the back porch I finally had to dispatch with the wife's recently purchased snubby .38?
  12. big steve

big steve New Member

lol
  13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow!

BU, just imagine if it had been HIDDEN in the mesh and went unnoticed until you sat down.
    Someone would have to lance your butt and suck the poison out.
    That's when you discover who your REAL friends are - -
  14. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

My wife said "Noooooooo Way" Terry, Geesh, and I thought she loved me
  15. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

yikes i hate those things, i think a 500 S&W would take it out or at least wound it :)