Blind Gun Collector, and the Law ......

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, May 12, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

It's Jersey, they're gone forever.
  3. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

DiD you look at the link? Maybe you could axpand on your post. I see the opposite of what you posted.
  4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Well obviously because he is a gun owner he must be evil.......and at any moment he WILL shoot anyone who can actually see ........darn gun owners :eek::D;)
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:rolleyes:
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I agree. The admitted burglar should be laughed out of court. How can somebody like that possibly have ANY kind of credibility?

That would be like calling The Ghost Who Only I Can See And Hear to testify as an expert witness.
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  7. armoredman

armoredman New Member

whymeme, I posted that because of previous experience with LE out of Jersey, and some others who have had experiences with Jersey Police. Yes, I read the article, and nowhere in there did I see he actually HAS possession of the firearms. From my limited indirect experience, I have my doubts the firearms will actually be produced, that there will be massive foot dragging and official obstacles laid out in every way shape or form.
    I hope I am wrong, but the older I get, the more cynical I seem to get.
  8. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

"The most recent legal scuffle began in 2008 when Hopler, who became legally blind as a result of diabetes in 1991, shot himself in the shin while cleaning one of his guns.

Police responded to his home and seized numerous guns in plain view, leaving behind those guns stored in Hopler’s safe."

Sounds to me like they have had these guns since 2008.....we are now in what year? NJ has been dragging their feet and I am sure they will continue to do so.

I don't remember seeing in the 2nd Amendment saying "The Right to Bear Arms ....unless you are blind" Whats next....people with only one hand will be banned because they cannot possibly hold their gun effectively. Maybe people with heart conditions..........you never know when they might have a heart attack, they might be holding their gun when they do and end up shooting 15-20 people :eek: I mean aren't all guns high capacity and fully automatic????? LOL

They are also saying because he is an alcoholic ‘you’re a habitual drunkard and we think it’s improper because you’re a habitual drunkard.’"...........suffers from alcoholism. Lets look into that for a second. So that is defined several ways depending where you look......you can be an alcoholic if you have a couple of beers at night when you get home to relax (its about the compulsion to need to drink the alcohol), so people don't think you are a alcoholic unless you are drinking a case a night (the compulsion to drink that much)......the key word is compulsion.

I don't know how much this guy drinks and I really don't care. The main thing is feeling they need to take away his right because he feels the need (or compulsion) to have a drink now and then. The second doesn't say anything about alcoholics or people with compulsions. So, whats next.......what types of compulsions are next? People that have a need to drive a little faster, pick their nose too much, drink soda too much, etc.

Its the guy's hobby, give him a break. So, what.....now if the government doesn't approve of the hobbies you like to do....they can come in and make you stop.

I know its a far reach but it's that really what this is about........people (the government) reaching to far into other people's rights?
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  9. Dan01

Dan01 Former Guest

My only thought on this is I don't want to be at the range where he shoots..............
  10. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Good Point. Everything is not as it appears, huh?
  11. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

just a observation, no problem on a blind person owning a gun or more, but why would they need bullets? or do they AIM with the "SPRAY AND PRAY" method?
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I have had the privilidge of know a couple of blind people in my life. Untill you know someone that has been blind for a long time, you just will not believe what they can do! One could, and would shoot a gun, no bullseyes, but would hit you with every shot form across a room in their home. I've seen him drive a ski boat, and pull a skier. How about ride a motorcycle! And he was really hard to beat at lawn darts! How about keep house? One friend kept her own house, and cooked all the meals that she, and her husband ate. She opend my first savings account. I wish they were still in my life today.
  13. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Last year I lost a blind friend. He and his brother, who was also blind, would ride their bikes all over the place. He also moved to California to go to college. He also memorized one of the chapters from Ephesians, and spoke it in church one sunday.
  14. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

there ARE exception to every rule! did these friends drive the boat, ride the motocycle and ride a bike all over with out anyone with them? each of these activitys require a sighted "helper" yes 80% of blind people could accomplish each of these things, but not without help..be reasonable..and yes a blind person could shoot as suggested also..as long as there is little or no masking noise to cover up the sound of a person moving about. but put a stationary target out there and just hand them a gun and say hit the target..no cheating by lining them up, or telling them where its at....just doubt it would work.....and yes I know there are Blind people who can use a "chirper" to shoot HOOPS and Golf, maybe many others. but not on the fly they cant..otherwise the states would issue drivers Licenses to blind people!! and as far as memory..they devolope excellent ones..most can memorise their home and yard down to the smallest item..just dont move anything or they will trip over it or be unable to find it.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012