BLM Land, Arizona & Obummer

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by daboone, Sep 24, 2011.

1. daboone

daboone Member

President 0bama promised that he was going to implement efforts to erase your right to bear arms “under the radar.” Now, he’s brought the fight to Arizona.

Using the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), the 0bama administration has proposed banning recreational shooting in the half-million acres of Sonoran Desert National Monument.

BLM has released proposed plans for the future management of nearly 1.4 million acres located southwest of Phoenix, in parts of Maricopa, Pinal, Pima, Gila and Yuma Counties. Of that total, over 486,000 acres are within the Sonoran Desert National Monument. The proposals can be found at: http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/planning/son_des.html .

Two of the possible alternatives (“D” and “E”) propose closing the area to recreational shooters. Presently, some 63 sites in the national monument are used by recreational shooters. The proposed plans also address other issues of importance to shooters and hunters, including the designation of roads and trails for motorized vehicles and areas that could be managed as wilderness.

If you ride, hike, hunt or shoot in the Sonoran Desert National Monument, you need to get involved in this planning process!

The public comment period is open through November 25.
    Instructions for making comments can be found at: http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/planning/son_des.html .
    Comments can be faxed or mailed to BLM, Phoenix District Office.

At the BLM website (http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/planning/son_des.html) you will also find a series of public BLM meetings, being held in October, to discuss the proposal to ban recreational shooting in the Sonoran Desert National Monument. Meetings will be held in Phoenix, Mesa, Casa Grande, Buckeye, Gila Bend and Ajo. We urge you to attend as many of these meetings as possible.

This is not the first time that the BLM has attempted to close an entire national monument to shooters, making no attempt to provide places for and access to shooting sites. The Ironwood National Monument shooting ban was defeated because of the outcry from concerned citizens (you!).

Together, we can defeat the 0bama administration’s proposed Sonoran Desert National Monument shooting ban!

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization: http://www.azcdl.org/html/join_us_.html .
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Here we go! Since I live in TX I won't be making any of the meetings, but I can join the Arizona Citizens Defense League! I'm sure that they could use the membership money to fight Obozo, et al!
  3. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Something we can all do is help vote that IDIOT out of office!!!
  4. armoredman

armoredman New Member

AZCDL is THE best grassroots outfit.
  5. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

just like land grabbing that goes on here in cal. Closes the land but to uses like hiking and then what? who the heck goes hiking in the desert unless it's dope running . Stupid stuff if ya ask me. my tax dollars hardly at work! IT'S OUR LAND! we HAVE TO VOTE THIS CLOWN OUT ! whats next? no BBQing in your own yard because you might offend a neighbor who doesnt eat meat?I say enough.
  6. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

He knows he's out after the next election, he's just trying to screw things up as much as possible before he's gone.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Actually: According to the American Cancer Society, when you grill meat and fat drips down onto the charcoal, PAHs and HCAs form on the coal and rise along with the smoke, where they are deposited on the food. As the food is charred, PAHs can form directly on the food. The hotter the temperature and the longer you cook the meat, the more HCAs are formed. These chemicals can also form on broiled and pan-fried "muscle meats." National Cancer Institute research has shown that high intakes of well-done, fried, or barbecued meats can increase the risk of pancreatic, colorectal, and breast cancers. The risks of charcoal are well-known and documented; the Canadian government even requires that charcoal sold in Canada must display a warning label similar to the labels on cigarettes.
  8. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Posted comment to BLM.
  9. armoredman

armoredman New Member

carver, then I will die well fed. When I give up my barbecue because someone says it causes cancer, life is over.
  10. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

As the escapees from California move into Arizona its going to get worse. The politics of Arizona are changing and not for the better. :confused:
  11. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

I can confirm this one, ubfortunately.