1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Blocking people from pming

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by cpttango30, Jun 15, 2012.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

How come I can't block someone from sending me Pm's?

I have a person that keeps harassing me trying to get me into a fight in the open forums. If you ignore them they go away like the disgusting troll they are. But, I can't block this person.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you told them to pull their head in and they wont ?

i suggest you copy and paste the exchange and send to Sam ,

harassment aint what this place is about ...
  3. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
  4. 01brian

01brian New Member

I'm going to try this...I think you just made my day :)
    Thank you!
  5. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    You're welcome.
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Jack had the best advice but if I had that happen I think I'd copy and paste it in a thread :D and try to embarrass them out of their stupidity.
  7. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I have "been there, experienced that" here at TFF and other places. It takes two persons to have an argument. I refuse to argue. If you stick to demonstrable facts, there is really nothing to argue about.

To use the words of a very interesting (now deceased) Sicilian born man, who was an "Overlord" classified WW II US intelligence officer who parachuted into St Lo the night before D-day; "Listen to a fool, as you may learn something of value; but never argue with one."

As Chairman Mao Zedong (Tse-Tung) once wrote: "It is good if we are attacked by the enemy, since it proves that we have drawn a clear line of demarcation between the enemy and ourselves. It is still better if the enemy attacks us wildly and paints us as utterly black and without a single virtue; it demonstrates that we have not only drawn a clear line of demarcation between the enemy and ourselves but achieved a great deal in our work."

Unfortunately, some persons can only make themselves feel important by attacking or belittling others.

The above is usually because "deep down inside" such persons know that they know very little, or that they have inferior skills. Such insecure persons often feel threatened by persons who they perceive as knowing more or being more skillful than themselves. Rather than try to improve themselves, such persons usually try to make themselves feel important by denigrating others. Such persons are too stupid to realize that the more one learns, the more one realizes how little one actually knows, and how much more there is to learn, that you will never have enough time (in a lifetime) to learn.

Things are what they are.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Thanks I knew there was an ignore list just didn't see it.

Thanks for that. It now has the person on it and that is all that needs to be done.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

In the several years I've been with TFF I've only had a couple argumentative private messages, and every time, once I told someone I didn't want to discuss the issue or ignored them, they stopped. It surprizes me that anyone would have that problem here. I would venture to say that anyone who persistently pesters a member of TFF is the type of person who wont last long here.
  10. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If telling them the first time didn't work, I'd 'out' them. Folks like that are looking to endure themselves to anybody who will reply. Next would be a Friend request.

ROMT said they won't last long. I'd like to believe that's true. But if they're working behind the threads to try and alienate another member(s), it's because they don't have the gonads to do it in public.
    Hence, nobody but you knows about it.

Hard to dump somebody like that, particularly if they have Donated too. Not that folks who donate can't be booted. It just may take longer.
    What goes around, come around, eh.
  11. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm going to assume adding a person to your Ignore List, also prevents any contact by email?
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Just wondering... Are PMs really P?

Vastly most here are free to send me messages. Some I would kick to the curb as they continue to exhibit qualities that I consider non-productive and flammatory.

Good luck tango, and let us know how it works out.

No one here needs to be subject to undue harassment.
  13. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

There is a way to stop pm,s on your edit menu,I just happend to run across it the other day.Its under edit options and you can disable them altogether but if you have friends on here they wouldnt be able to pm you either so the ignore thing would be the way to go.
  14. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You don't deserve that tango, sorry to hear that. If I had that problem I would forward it to Big Sam and let hin stick his boot where the sun don't shine.

One question, if you block a person from PMing you will the offending blocked member know that they are blocked?

Keep trucking tango.:)
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

even if u block the person Sam should know about it so if is done to others something can be done