BLUE BLUE BLUE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by mikea5232, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mikea5232

mikea5232 New Member

I got a 550b. used it today and it seemed to be a great press. i pushed out 300 rounds and it is so much faster than my lee turret. im happy with it!
  2. h2oking

h2oking Former Guest

Let me say that Dillion has the best tec support of any product I have ever owned. Don't be bashful about calling them for any question you may have. A couple of examples that comes to mind is my machine would snap as I was pulling up the handle (not down) sometimes to the point that powder jumped out of the case. It was only happening while loading 38 super comps in brand new cases and I could not figure it out. I called Dillion and the first question the guy asked "are you using new cases" I said yes, he said tumble them first before reloading to knock the bur of the mouth of the new cases left on them during manufacturing. It worked. I was having a primer seating problems with my RCBS while priming 50 BMG cases. I called Dillion and the tec who answered the phone put me in touch with another tec there who also loaded 50's and with his help I fixed the problem.
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

The 550B is a good solid press. It's a manual advance press-no auto rotate on the shellplate which means you'll have a handfull of bullets in one hand & a handfull of cases in the other, working the handle & spinning the shellplate by hand. How many hands do you have? Just kidding:). The closest press Lee has is the Loadmaster that auto rotates & costs about half of the 550B. I'm sure you'll like your press:)
  4. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Good job joining the Dillon club - I love mine.
  5. Bboomer

Bboomer New Member

Congrats on the new press.....

Just the other day I stumbled upon a used 550b. Now I have one set up for large and one for small primers. :D