1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

blue top break with pearl grips

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by reinhard, Oct 25, 2010.

1. reinhard

reinhard Member

What would be the price on this gun in the US ? just to have an idea,I payed 650$ for this one , the gun looks 99% condition to me ,bore is like new,original S&W pearl grips ,it is a first model serial 850XX
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

That's a 1st Issue S&W New Departure, Safety Hammerless aka "Lemonsqueezer" - looks to be a .32 S&W cartridge piece. Your gun is in excellent condition, the Mother-of-pearl grips add some value - I'd say $US650 is right at or near to the top of the retail market price in today's market. Nice revolver.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I am beginning to think Reinhard has proved Einstein wrong. He has invented a time machine and is buying that stuff right off the factory floor.

Jim
  4. reinhard

reinhard Member

Jim, thank you sir I appreciate your comment
  5. reinhard

reinhard Member

thanks Jim that's by far the funniest thing I ever heard:D:D, purchased this gun a few days before the blue one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Jim,
    I'm thinking you're right on that one...damn fine looking item, there.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  7. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Reinhard,
    You've tapped into the mother-lode...that second one is incredible. Where are you located - the continent?
    Thanks for thanking and thanks for posting those pics...damn fine looking S&Ws.
    Jim H.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  8. reinhard

reinhard Member

thank You Jim,my location is Hoboken ,not NY but Belgium,my small collection of smith&wesson revolvers ,began to collect smiths a few months ago
    [​IMG]
  9. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Oh my ... a few months ago??????? Are your pieces "local" (European) finds or did you import from the US? They are all in incredibly fine condition. Thanks for sharing. I know a couple S&W Collectors who have spent their entire lives looking for pieces in that condition.
  10. reinhard

reinhard Member

Hi Jim they where all imported from the US, my friend purchased a whole collection of vintage smith &wessons,the collection contained some 40 smith&wesson revolvers ,real intresting guns like a .32 new departure with 6 inch barrel in blue ,and a fifth model snubnose two inch barrel and original WOODEN medalion grips in caliber .38 S&W,al the guns where in the same exellent condition
    there are some real intresting and fine condition guns comming to europe ,like I said in a previous thread ,one lucky belgian dude is the owner of the single action colt that belonged to president kennedy,but that gun whas sold for 125.000$ and is a bit out of my price range:D
    FWIW none of the guns has import stamps