blue top break with pearl grips

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by reinhard, Oct 25, 2010.

1. reinhard

reinhard Member

What would be the price on this gun in the US ? just to have an idea,I payed 650$ for this one , the gun looks 99% condition to me ,bore is like new,original S&W pearl grips ,it is a first model serial 850XX
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

That's a 1st Issue S&W New Departure, Safety Hammerless aka "Lemonsqueezer" - looks to be a .32 S&W cartridge piece. Your gun is in excellent condition, the Mother-of-pearl grips add some value - I'd say $US650 is right at or near to the top of the retail market price in today's market. Nice revolver.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I am beginning to think Reinhard has proved Einstein wrong. He has invented a time machine and is buying that stuff right off the factory floor.

Jim
  4. reinhard

reinhard Member

Jim, thank you sir I appreciate your comment
  5. reinhard

reinhard Member

thanks Jim that's by far the funniest thing I ever heard:D:D, purchased this gun a few days before the blue one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Jim,
    I'm thinking you're right on that one...damn fine looking item, there.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  7. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Reinhard,
    You've tapped into the mother-lode...that second one is incredible. Where are you located - the continent?
    Thanks for thanking and thanks for posting those pics...damn fine looking S&Ws.
    Jim H.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  8. reinhard

reinhard Member

thank You Jim,my location is Hoboken ,not NY but Belgium,my small collection of smith&wesson revolvers ,began to collect smiths a few months ago
    [​IMG]
  9. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Oh my ... a few months ago??????? Are your pieces "local" (European) finds or did you import from the US? They are all in incredibly fine condition. Thanks for sharing. I know a couple S&W Collectors who have spent their entire lives looking for pieces in that condition.
  10. reinhard

reinhard Member

Hi Jim they where all imported from the US, my friend purchased a whole collection of vintage smith &wessons,the collection contained some 40 smith&wesson revolvers ,real intresting guns like a .32 new departure with 6 inch barrel in blue ,and a fifth model snubnose two inch barrel and original WOODEN medalion grips in caliber .38 S&W,al the guns where in the same exellent condition
    there are some real intresting and fine condition guns comming to europe ,like I said in a previous thread ,one lucky belgian dude is the owner of the single action colt that belonged to president kennedy,but that gun whas sold for 125.000$ and is a bit out of my price range:D
    FWIW none of the guns has import stamps