BLURRED LINES

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by sub-moa, Apr 22, 2012.

1. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

America has allowed the laws of right and wrong to blurr for so manny years that I feel many have lost their moral compass. And in this day and age of worring about "the footprint" that we leave, each generation, I fear, will find the lines fainter untill there are no longer lines. I think we can all agree the future of our great nation is always in the children. We must remember as parents that we are not raising kids, we are raising adults. We all leave "footprints" but the concern is not with the footprint, but the path it lies on. Parents lay the foundation for each generation to build on. It must be strong ,stable, committed and able to last through future generations. I'm speaking metaphorically, of course, but we must teach our young that there is a right and wrong. Where there is wrong there is also punnishment. This should not be the babysitters job, or the day care workers job. And not Dad's job every other weekend. You may not ageree with me and there are exceptions to certain situations, abuse or adultery come to mind BTW these should carry punnishments on earth as well. Family above all.
  2. cutter

cutter New Member

:yeahthat:
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  3. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree entirely. A law starts out pretty straightforward, especially the Principle of the Law. Then the damn lawyers get involved and nit pik it apart to benefit their client. Eventually the law is meaningless.

I remember 50+ years ago whilst in grade schools, the teachers, all nuns back then taught that the HUB of society is the Family. The role of family is either so diminished today or lacking entirly, witness the blacks in our inner cities that society in general is devolving.
  4. bobski

bobski Former Guest

man cant be lawful or moral without the moral law in place and being practiced. sorry, facts are facts.
    the common law and our present day law system was designed to be used by MORAL people. remove morality, and the law falters.
    i'll let you all figure out WHY and WHEN this happened in our american history.
  5. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

I don't thing it "happened" I think it "is happening" continuously. Society is changing. Slowly but always changing. Humans need boundarys both legal and moral.
  6. Python

Python Former Guest

2 Timothy 3:1-5 tells us it's the whole world, not just America. Mark 13:30 tells us that there is no future generation to worry about. All depends on whether you believe God or you get caught up in the cares of this world and the foolish wisdom/imagination of man.
  7. nightwalker

nightwalker New Member

The Progressive Movement, in all its forms, is so anti-Christian, anti-Bible and anti-family that it's amazing. How smart do you have to be to understand that there is a God and that He is involved in our lives? All of creation shouts that He is, but we stupidly blunder along ignoring His loving guidance!
  8. Python

Python Former Guest

Exactly why the End Of The Book reads the way it does.
  9. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

You can't legislate morality. IMO children learn from bad examples, just as they learn from good. All I can worry about the is bubble that surrounds me and mine, and try to keep my own back yard clean.
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's all Elvis' fault. :D