BNZ Mauser

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by rk3006, Jan 4, 2005.

1. rk3006

rk3006 New Member

Hi guys, anyone know if all the BNZ mauser's were made by slave labor? I have a chance to buy one with a mis matched bolt , receiver marked BNZ 4 ,all other number's match. I thought I read someware that the single rune BNZ was for the SS and made by slave labor. The one I have a chance to buy is just marked BNZ 4 , would it have been made by slave labor or not?
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

With a code of BNZ 4, it was made in 1994 by Steyr-Daimler-Puch A.G., Steyr (Austria). While I can't say with 100% certainty, I would guess that it's VERY likely that it was made by slave labor. At that point in the war, pretty much all the factories were running off of what the Germans called "zwangsarbeite", forced labor. Not all their labor was technically slave labor. Many plants were manned by legitimate prisoners and were paid a "wage", albeit it a small one.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I think Sniper means that it was made in 1944.......and I agree, much of German manufacturing was engaged in using forced labor in those days.
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

LOL, uh, yeah. Dang typos!
  5. njretcop

njretcop New Member

rk3006,

Chances are VERY likely that this rifle was made by slave labor as stated above. You say that it is all matching except the bolt! This particular rifle should have 12 matching serial numbers. Look carefully, if ALL the numbers match except the bolt, jump on it quick.

You can always try to find a matching bolt, only the last three nmubers of the serial number were used, so you can trade or find a matching bolt. If you buy it and want additional info, email me.