Bob Costas and NBC sports

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cheesewiz, Dec 2, 2012.

1. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Re: OMG I am having a minor stroke.

I didn't take a whole lot of time to put together my message to NBC, it's more of a rant, but they need to hear as much as possible. Here's what I sent even though it will most likely fall on deaf ears.

Is your broadcast meant to be about sports or a soapbox for a brainwashed idiot? Does Bob Costas really think that if there were no guns in the world that the murder of Kasandra Perkins would not have happened? Taking away guns does NOT solve anything; dealing with criminals and stopping the slaps on the wrists will help to eliminate crime. Should Costas not also be saying "take away all bows and arrows", because the professor in WY would not have lost his life. I am boycotting NBC and it's affiliates for 90 days, maybe more, I probably won't miss much anyways.
    Only way I will change my mind is to have Costas apologize for airing personal views. He doesn't have to admit his ignorance or lack of common sense, just a simple apology for hopping on his soapbox at a most inappropriate time. I would encourage him to do some actual research and ask himself, if there is a violent criminal inside my home; who am I going to rely on most, the .357 that is 20" away from my side or the police who are 8 minutes away??
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

saw the NRA's blurb on this from Mr. Cox also, surprised they didn't have any contact info to blow up the network's email!
  3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

doctor pic.jpg
    ban mds also
  4. lway45

lway45 Member

Adult beverage, writing NBC, ABC, and CBS = a great wast of your time.
  5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Agreed, fortunately; I didn't waste much time and it makes the adult beverage taste a little better afterwards. :rant::ya:
  6. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Re: OMG I am having a minor stroke.

Keep your powder dry, and keep a firm grip on your guns.
  7. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    That's why you've got to contact those that they will listen to - the advertisers that spend their money with them.
  8. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Bob Costas needs to be robbed; then he'll see a need for guns.
  9. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

You mean he needs to be mugged. :D
  10. Rogeritall

Rogeritall Member

I just saw on the evening news where Bob Costas is back peddling on his statements due to an overwhelming amount of complaints about them.

Bull Sh**.... He said what he meant, but now he's reaping his rewards for it..
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  11. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

Completely Misunderstood...Yeah right Bob

NBC's Bob Costas tells sports radio host Dan Patrick his anti-gun remarks on Sunday night were a mistake because 90 seconds wasn't enough time for him to "flesh out" what he meant to say so he was completely misunderstood.

Costas says he should have saved his comments for a different forum, rather than during halftime of Sunday's NFL game, but did so because "this is when the Belcher situation had played itself out."

So what you are saying Bob ..it was for your Tv Ratings ...Oh I get it ....:(
  12. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

he needs to be robbed by someone with something other than a gun too!

then have an armed citizen save his worthless behind...
  13. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Here is a link to where you can send an e-mail to NBC to fire Bob Costas.

http://www.saysuncle.com/2012/12/03/fire-bob-costas-2/

I wrote to a couple of addy's on the link stressing that an nfl game is not the place for Costas's Anti-gun rhetoric. Costas is not an informed or responsible journalist to not have checked out the facts that vehicle accidents maim and kill more people in the US than guns ever have by a ratio of more than 4 to 1. But, no one ever brings this up.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  14. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Thanks for the link sent several messages to all.
  15. 45nut

45nut Active Member

"You're"
  16. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

anyone receive any responses by chance, or heard any more on this? as with anything else that's bad press, it's soon swept under the rug and forgotten...
  17. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

So Mr Costas while in Sochi seems to have picked up a an eye infection in both eyes ......Karma I guess .

He has had to leave and be replaced ......

I saw this post today about good old Bob ....and couldn't stop laughing :lmao2:

Costas needs to quit drinking the Obama Kool-aid and stick to sports instead trying to be an Obama sock puppet for gun control, gay rights,......