Bob In STL - gonna make the SLAAA show this weekend?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/27/02 1:08:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Bob In STL - gonna make the SLAAA show this weekend?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9638 (David) will have a table, and I'll have a few items on it on Sunday, or perhaps late Saturday afternnon. Leaning towards selling my Tikka 91/30s both hex & round receivers), an SA-marked Swede, and perhaps my CS52 and Tokarev, among a fe other things...

Perhaps if I sell enough I'll find a 94 Swede. Or, do you still got that B barrel M39? How about any SkYs?

RobC in Missouri

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/27/02 7:38:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bob In STL - gonna make the SLAAA show this weekend?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't have any SkYs, but I do still have the B barrel. I have three tables reserved for the show this weekend, but I am kind of watching the weather forcast and waiting to see what happens. The talking heads weather nimnuts are talking about a blizzard this weekend - probably means it is going to miss us ---
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/1/02 4:24:34 pm)
    Yup - as usual, the weather forcasters missed it by 100s of miles. Just going to rain. As soon as I get home from work, I will be loading the truck and heading for Wentzville UAW Hall to set up.

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/2/02 6:33:42 pm)
    I was gonna hit it today, but as soon as I left the house at 1pm, the thundersnow started. I will, however, be there tomorrow when it opens, rain, shine, or snow. Got a few choice pieces to trade off to enhance the collection.

Picked up a 1901 Carl Gustaf M96 Swede today from the local pawn king - all matching, walnut stock, with sight hood, for $150 today. At least the day wasn't a total loss...

RobC in Missouri

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/2/02 8:50:31 pm)
    I will be there tomorrow - rain sleet or thundersnowflugen. The snow hit like a bag o' bricks about noon today - shortly there after, hardly a customer in the place. A couple of us table holders were playing poker for gun parts (I'll see your firing pin, and raise you two sight hoods ---). Dave packed up this afternoon and beat feet back south. Hope tomorrow is better.

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/4/02 5:06:26 pm)
    As it turns out, cold & ice kempt me home Sunday. As I was loading up the car, slipped and fell on the ice. Saved the guns and took the bruise. Then, going back in the house, the door handle literally broke off in my hands. I'm telling you, when it rains, it pours.

I will try to make the SLAAA meeting tomorrow, once I figure out my car situation....thinking about checking on tables for the upcoming Fenton show as well....

Rob

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/4/02 9:07:23 pm)
    The Stratford show in Fenton probably won't have as much draw as usual - Rex Kurly (RK Enterprises) has decided to move his Wentzville Crossings show to the same weekend. He is determined to run SLAAA and St. Louis Weapons Collectors into the ground. Considering that gun shows are supposed to be put on by non for profit organizations, I don't know how a private enterprise like RK Enterprises skates past the BATF and keeps getting away with it. Anyway, check with Pete Cuttelli about the Stratford show. A lot of the local dealers won't set up at the RK shows, and hopefully we can keep the public draw to our established shows.