Bob's Gun Shop, hope your in no hury!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by fuzebox40, Mar 10, 2011.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

First of all let me clarify I'm refering to Bob's gun Shop (www.gun-parts.com) located in Royal, AR., and "not" Bob's Gun Shop (www.bobsgunshop.com) in Norfolk,Va.
    Ok so I ordered one simple little part (new pistol grip) to which I was advised to allow 10 days for delivery. That's a long time to wait for one "on the shelf" part, I mean grab it and stick it in the mail! But ok, whatever, it usually doesn't take that long, they just like to astimate worst case senario to cover their butt incase they decide to go on vacation for a week before droping your order in the mail.
    Anyway the full 10 days came and went, no part, and my customer wants his gun back sometime this year. I'm a pacient man so long as I'm kept informed and above all not lied to! A couple more days go by now and still no part. Now I'm getting frustrated and concerned and yes my customer wants his gun back sometime this year! Well 2 weeks have gone by now wthout a clue and I'm at the end of my rope, and still nothing. So I'm about to make contact when I get notice that it's about to be put in the mail. 2 weeks and a day after it's been ordered and payed for only to find out that it's not even been mailed yet.
    So lets see, that's 1 week for a vacation, 1 week for a drunken binge, and a third week in the making for the actual get off your butt and send my part proccess. Mean while I probably lose a customer because stupid me told him he'd have his gun back sometime this year. This is unacceptable by any standards and no way to do business. I still don't have my part Bob!!!
  2. snyper2384

snyper2384 New Member

I also recently ordered parts from Gun-parts.com and got the 10 day for delivery due to health problems that slow him down . I ordered it on Feb 7 , 2 boito 20ga shotgun firing pins and have not received anything yet. I have even emailed him to make sure they have not got lost in the mail, with no response . turkey season is about to start and now i have no way to go hunting even though I have already ordered my ammo and paid for my permits and stamps. I agree this is no way to run a business at all and i will not be ordering from him again :mad:

when did you order your parts?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

snyper: Thats the exact story I got which I can understand to a point but here it sounds a bit wishy-washy to me. A person can be slowed down a little but still his business is either operational or it isn't. There is no legitamate reason for it to take weeks to mail a tiny part when people do hundreds of such items a day from a wheel chair. But wow, you've been waiting much longer still. So I must have got lucky to need something off the shelf (new revolver grips) or more likely he doesn't even stock them and just placed the order when he got around to it and had it shipped to my address.
    Anyway I posted two separate reviews re: his business (1 on yahoo, 1 on citysearch I think) because this is the only way to let these people know we're tired of being crapped on and lied to. Just tell the truth then it's up to us to take it or leave it. I had a simular experience where I couldn't any responce for weeks till I left word that I was now posting negative reviews everywhere I can untill I get an answer. Only then would they return a message. You might let him know that the word is going out!
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Interject if I may?

The WWW has become so big that anyone can make a 'name' for themselves. I've found that anyone can jump on the band wagon.

I can put up a site claiming any number of objects for sale. If I can find it cheaper item than you, I can garner your business. Leeches are everywhere.

The number of chains in the link will usually determine your delivery. Your diligence will pay for itself.
  5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Active Member

Bob's gun shop has been around for a lot longer than the Internet!
    Over the years, I have ordered many parts from him. He has never been super fast, but has been reliable. Some outfits only ship once a week.
    They don't do Internet stuff very well, but a phone call usually gets results.
  6. Sarge756

Sarge756 New Member

I agree with Bobitus.I`ve dealt with Bob`s several times over the years and not had a problem.As he said a personal contact via the old fashioned Ma Bell device goes a long way in resolving issues. He was doing this before the internet with ads in the Rifleman etc.Need to be careful when you throw around the Lie business.
  7. snyper2384

snyper2384 New Member

i had heard he had been around for a long time but there is no phone number on the site only a fax number that i have tried to call several time just in case it has been well over the time he quoted me and can respond when he receives my payment but wont respond to any emails since . i have never dealt with him before and never had any business conduct themselves this way . this is far from professional in my opinion
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Your points are taken but it's all fine and dandy untill the poop lands on you. I absolutely respect your oppinions but I'm afraid I fail to see the math adding up.
    First of all, the fact that I will eventually get the parts does not equate to reliability. If it takes 3 hours for the waiter to bring your food I dout you'ld call him reliable just because you eventually got fed. And I see no relevance as to weather an order is made by phone, fax or internet once the man makes contact confirming the order has been received and is being processed. Time starts now!
    Secondly let me say that I have also been doing business long before the internet.. So what? And as far as being careful about throwing around the "lier busines", I asure you Sarge, I'm as reserved as anyone. Fact is, the man lied to me!!! What?!!!
    Last but not least, the enalegy that "some outfits only ship once a week" is not adding up either. That would be at least three times faster than Bob's gun parts. But hey, don't get me wrong, I'm happy your experiences were possitive but not so for some of us and it's good to vent!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

If ya want 'instant' gratification, ya should go to the store and lay yer hands on it.

Last time I bought an AR on line, it took 7 months to get.

There isn't much made 'made in USA' anymore. DHS surely isn't making things more available.:rolleyes:

All I'm saying is, be aware of your purchases. Parts made off shore can take a long time to get here. There're a lot of things at work here that you may not be aware of.

I deal with this stuff every day. One day the vendor says it'll go out tomorrow. The next day, it's gonna be 2 more weeks.

Suppliers are at the mercy of the manufacturers.

Do you think he should eat a pound of iron and crap out yer part?
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I agreed 100% with your original statement but to answer your question here, I think I have the right to hold others to same standards that I am held to, nothing more, nothing less.
    And come on, I don't need to explain what a "bird in the hand" means. If I'm at the mercy of a suplier then I obviously don't have it and won't be telling my customer exactly when he'll get it. The whole world is conducting busines and making things happen and we don't make deals and meat deadlines by walking around with our heads in the clouds, not believing or trusting anything were told. I for one do not survive by stumbling stupidly and pretending not to know. We know what's solid and what isn't and we opperate accordingly. If you choose to opperate outside the ethics then you accept the penalties.
    I hate getting long winded but I'll say at last that when I have to eat crow to my superiors, I not only man-up and take the heat but I take it for every man on my watch... big deal right? My point is I don't make excuses and point fingers so don't expect to get anywhere with me with all that "it's someone elses fault" garbage. No offence but I call it what it is, "nothing more, nothing less".
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. snyper2384

snyper2384 New Member

yes yes i do:) i was also told 10 days if he didnt have the part and had to get it somewhere else then let me know again the order was confirmed on feb 7 its now march 14 do the math been more than 10 days
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  12. snyper2384

snyper2384 New Member

still waiting for a response from him after several emails about my parts with no response . :mad:
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

1st of all, that web site has flags written all over it. No matter.

Have you contacted the AG or the BBB? Both states? How was the purchase made? PayPal/cc/check, etc.

Your task is labor ridden at this point. I'd be happy to help given my tribulations. I'm not the 'badass' some would make me out to be.
  14. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Active Member

Again-Bob's is a very reliable parts dealer.
    As I said, they don't do Internet well. Have you tried actually picking up the phone and calling?
  15. ozo

ozo Active Member

Yep, I get it.
  16. snyper2384

snyper2384 New Member

yes i have tried to call the answering machine tells to call the fax number for any questions and that the answering machine doesnt take messages and never an answer on fax number could something have possibly happened to him?? he did say he had health problems.

Bobitis not sure what the AG is and no i havent even thought about the BBB the purchase was on a credit card .
  17. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Attorney General.

The AG and the BBB are your friends. Contact both parties in their respective states. They work together.

Too many folks have no idea where to start in these types of problems.
    You have four friends with you at this time if you inform them of the problem. Two Attorny's General, and the BBB from both states.

Put on your game face and use all the weapons you have available. Use them to your advantage.

Try to refrain from public comments as they can be construed as 'inflamatory'. Your problem lies between you and the vendor.

Gather all the documentation you have, correlate it to the issue, and present it to both AGs and BBBs. Make sure you send copies of all your correspondence to the vendor noting cc's to all the others you have contacted. Do all this via the USPS. Certified Return Reciept Requested. That way, you know that your stuff has been recieved. Looks good if a court is involved, and your attorney will suck it up.

If you're out 15 bucks, it ain't worth it. Take it as a loss unless your card gets jacked.

It's a lot of work, and it's your choice if it's worth it or not.

Hope this helps. If not now, maybe down the road.
  18. snyper2384

snyper2384 New Member

ok thank you for the information and the help i will contact them on monday
  19. sp45

sp45 New Member

Those who are not in the business have no idea how busy it gets for one man to operate. That is why he does not answer the phone or allow customers in the shop. The good ones are completely covered up. I ordered a shotgun stock that was in stock from Gun Parts Corp. It took 7 weeks to arrive yet when I sell online people expect it to be shipped same day and cry when it isn't. Now I don't answer the phone either.
  20. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

First welcome to the forum...I think? You responded to a post over 4 yrs old? and wont answer your phone? Thanks for telling me..I WILL not be ordering from you either!!