Bogus war hero sentanced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GunnyGene, Dec 5, 2012.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

wannabe!

what a turd...

I also hate it when I see vehicles with 5 thousand stickers all over the back with every school they (probably didn't) go to. Might as well just put your 201 file up there.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    They must have charged him with fraud. The article states: Schroeder, according to court records, applied for military meritorious service license plates with the Texas Department of Transportation in 2009. Schroeder certified in the application that he had been awarded the Silver Star and supported this claim with a fraudulently altered certificate of release or discharge from active duty purporting to have been issued under authority of the Department of Defense.

I'm not even sure if that's legal since he wasn't trying to get money form the fraud he was perpetrating. The SCOTUS rulled that just telling lies was not a crime.

The Stolen Valor Act of 2005, signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006,[1] was a U.S. law that broadened the provisions of previous U.S. law addressing the unauthorized wear, manufacture, or sale of any military decorations and medals. The law made it a federal misdemeanor to falsely represent oneself as having received any U.S. military decoration or medal. If convicted, defendants might have been imprisoned for up to six months, unless the decoration lied about is the Medal of Honor, in which case imprisonment could have been up to one year. In United States v. Alvarez the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on June 28, 2012, that the Stolen Valor Act was an unconstitutional abridgment of the freedom of speech under the First Amendment, striking down the law in a 6 to 3 decision. Highlighting is mine.

Personally, I agree that 30 days in jail, and a $3,000 fine just isn't enough for these want-to-be low life's! And I personally know one!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

those who claim to be veterns make me want to puke
  5. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Agree on both comments. I have 1 Marine sticker in the back window of my truck, and USMC Retired license plates. I figure that's plenty.

I don't think y'all here do; but in case anyone has any doubts about me here, I offer up 2 redacted documents:

Retirement letter

[​IMG]

and my last Mobilization Orders (Apr 1988) after leaving active duty in 1983. Remember what happened in August of 1990? I'd gotten 2 similar "heads up" letters beginning in early 1987. I knew we were going to war 3 years before it happened. The public was clueless, as they are today. Btw, I could still be recalled (as could other retiree's) until I'm buried (and maybe after that), but haven't received any letters - yet. And I wouldn't complain much. ;)

[​IMG]
  6. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Makes me sick.
  7. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

this was a recent one also that came to mind:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/07/army_crump_072510/

There was some PFC a while back that had all kinds of crap including sniper, SF, Ranger, a CIB, etc etc, he got busted when he allowed himself to be in the local paper! What a moron. Yeah, you're a PFC with six minutes in the Army and you already have 5 years worth of schools/training?
  8. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I say let him go in and earn his star now hahaha. not like a vidiot game. diff than when your being shot at.Some sad as.es who never had to worry about the draft and if your number came up.Just plain stupid is what they are.
  9. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

was convicted of altering a military or naval discharge certificate,
  10. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    In their soup, their oatmeal, their coffee, their pillow......
  11. David13

David13 Active Member Supporting Member

The Supreme Court did not rule that it is ok to lie, or not a crime to lie. What they ruled on was the same as some drunk fool in a bar embellishing his service record. They ruled that in a situation like that, there can be no crime.
    It's odious, etc., but not a crime.
    In this case, he did something else, he altered a federal official document.
    The state of Texas could also prosecute him for the lie on his certified and sworn statement to the motor vehicle department about his service record.
    The difference is time and place. Telling lies in court, or on any certified or sworn declaration, particularly which is then filed with the government, be it state or federal can carry criminal sanctions.
    dc
  12. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

need to make him spend his time with the Rangers and Snipers he sooo badly tried inpersonating. Lets see that welcoming crew.
  13. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

They should make him go to Ranger school and have to pass, hahaa! No pass, you go to jail and a huge fine.

you pass, well, congrats you got your tab for real now. (but still jail and a fine)
  14. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Worthless piece of shite!
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I really wouldn't wish this on our men. I like aa1911's idea, make him go to school, just to see if he could pass. Thanks for the heads up Jedwel! I thought this might be the case.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012