Bold Triggers

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/25/02 12:53:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Boyd's BOLD Aftermarket Rifle Trigger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got through fitting one of these to a 98 Mauser, had never worked with this brand before.

It has the side safety and is fully adjustable, even though Boyd's sets them at 3# and lacquers the adjustment nuts. The safety sits a little further out from the body than the Timney Featherweight but is still within reason. Easily inletted.

At 2/3 the price of the Timney FW-D this trigger is a winner!

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/25/02 12:58:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Boyd's BOLD Aftermarket Rifle Trigger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the tip Doc. I've been putting off a mauser project for some time now. I just don't know where to start. Any hints would be appreciated.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/25/02 2:19:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Boyd's BOLD Aftermarket Rifle Trigger
    The starting point is to decide what you want to do with the rifle. Caliber change? How much money do you want to spend? Do you want a do-it-yourself project or will you be sending it out for the big stuff? Do you want the finished project to be an exhibition piece or a utilitarian hunting rifle?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/25/02 7:39:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Boyd's BOLD Aftermarket Rifle Trigger
    You're so right, Doc!

Got one of them and slapped in into a Swede '38 action. I've got a couple of Timminy's and a few Dayton-Traister's. The Bold is by far the best aftermarket trigger assembly for the buck!