1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Bolt Face Help PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Airdale, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Airdale

Airdale Member

OK I was all set to go for a 6 X 55 swede build but up comes a question about bolt faces for the slighty larger Swede. Question, if I get a 30 06 donor will it work with the Swede cartridge? Is it a big deal?

Or should I just make life easier and go with the 6.5 Creedmoor?

The build is for the wife and I want it to be smooth operating and trouble free (not to mention purdy).

TIA guys
  2. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

You'll need to open the face a tad . How much work it is depends some on what action you intend to use !
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

In spite of a lot of writing and agonizing, the rim diameter difference is really quite small. The 6.5x55 will fit nicely into most bolts made for the .30-'06, .308 Winchester, and 8mm Mauser families. (FWIW, I just tried a 6.5x55 round in three Mausers, an M1903, and a Remington 700 in .30-'06. The 6.5x55 was snug in the Remington bolt face, had plenty of room in the others.)

Jim