Bolt on Sportsman 48-16ga-Disassembly

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by zant, Jun 14, 2012.

1. zant

zant Active Member

Finally got my buddies Rem Sportsman 48 shotgun to eject shells in 1 piece:)..ran about 10 shells through it and saw piece of metal fly off.Turned out to be charging handle?????Took apart-pulled bolt out to get piece of metal left in slot-firing pin in way....Does anyone know how this bolt disassembles?Thanks...
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Is the piece of metal the rest of the charging handle? I've seen them fly out more than once, but never break off.
    If you need to remove the firing pin, there's a small retainer pin that runs vertical through the rear of the bolt, drive it out from top to bottom. Be prepared to catch the firing pin and spring so it doesn't take off to parts unknown.
    When you put the retaining pin back in, make sure the ends of the pin sit flush with the bolt body surface.
  3. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Zant I have a 11-48 manual that I can Scan For you. PM me
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

5. zant

zant Active Member

Yes-charging handle actually broke......................thanks for info-Trap55....Glens67-will try links-if no work,will PM....Thx....that's why this site is so great..