The Firearms Forum banner

Bond Arms Derringer

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  B27 
#1 ·
Does any body have experience with a Bond Arms Derringer, particularly the Ranger with a 4" barrel. How accurate are they and how are they to conceal. I have a relative that is interested in one.

Thanks,
Jim

#2 ·
I been to the plant where they make them over in granbury TX. Its only about 30 minutes from me. Nice folks.

They are extremely well built. I particularly like the Bond Ranger in .45 colt ONLY. Very slick guns.

Though I wouldnt mind having an American Derringer M4 Alaskan Survival in .45/70.

#4 ·
More accurate. Dont care for the lazy twist rate and excessive chamber of one reamed to accomodate a .410 shotshell.

#6 ·
I want a short 357 magnum one myself.

#7 ·
I have the Snake Slayer IV, which is basicly the same gun. 4 1/4" barrel and it comes chambered for .45 Colt / .410. Different grips of course. I love the gun. I have the driving crossdraw holster and also I have a .22 LR barrel for it. Plan on getting the 9mm and the .38 sp/.357 barrels as well later. It is a bit heavy, but that is because it is solid stainless steel and extremely well made. Looks like a piece of fine jewelry. It is a ton of fun to shood as well. I HIGHLY recommend it.
Donnie D :D

#8 ·
i have the texas defender (.45lc/410) its a blast! i carry it with winchester PDX1 410 in a black hawk pocket holster as a my normal carry around my girlfriends mom (she is very anti gun for some odd reason...she wont even call a super soaker a water gun...she calls em "water squirters") so i keep it in my pocket and she has never known i had it. ive also put some birdshot in it and taken out some clays and a couple birds here and there. i also took out a few rattle snakes over the summer. its a great little gun. my only complaint is that it weighs as much (or more) empty as my glock 23 does fully loaded. so you definitely know its in your pocket. lookin forward to getting a .22lr barrel for it for plinking

#9 ·
I want one in .38 Special with no trigger guard to back up the Colt SAA .38 Special that I occasionally carry concealed just to amuse myself.

Anybody ever shot one of this model?

#10 ·
I want one in .38 Special with no trigger guard to back up the Colt SAA .38 Special that I occasionally carry concealed just to amuse myself.

Anybody ever shot one of this model?
Just a suggestion. Any of the Bond Arms guns use the same frame, barrels grips, etc. All of the parts are interchangable, except for a couple of models that come with no trigger guard, and even then, that is the only difference.
Buy one WITH the trigger guard and modify it to your liking (grips, barrel, etc.).

The trigger guard can be removed and put back on with one set screw.

Donnie D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.