Bond Arms Derringer

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 76Highboy, Sep 29, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Does any body have experience with a Bond Arms Derringer, particularly the Ranger with a 4" barrel. How accurate are they and how are they to conceal. I have a relative that is interested in one.

Thanks,
    Jim
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I been to the plant where they make them over in granbury TX. Its only about 30 minutes from me. Nice folks.

They are extremely well built. I particularly like the Bond Ranger in .45 colt ONLY. Very slick guns.

Though I wouldnt mind having an American Derringer M4 Alaskan Survival in .45/70.
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Why only 45 Colt?
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

More accurate. Dont care for the lazy twist rate and excessive chamber of one reamed to accomodate a .410 shotshell.
  5. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

The stores hear cant keep them on their shelfs.Any model they have they sell out in a day.
  6. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I want a short 357 magnum one myself.
  7. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

I have the Snake Slayer IV, which is basicly the same gun. 4 1/4" barrel and it comes chambered for .45 Colt / .410. Different grips of course. I love the gun. I have the driving crossdraw holster and also I have a .22 LR barrel for it. Plan on getting the 9mm and the .38 sp/.357 barrels as well later. It is a bit heavy, but that is because it is solid stainless steel and extremely well made. Looks like a piece of fine jewelry. It is a ton of fun to shood as well. I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Donnie D :D
  8. jce07a

jce07a New Member

i have the texas defender (.45lc/410) its a blast! i carry it with winchester PDX1 410 in a black hawk pocket holster as a my normal carry around my girlfriends mom (she is very anti gun for some odd reason...she wont even call a super soaker a water gun...she calls em "water squirters") so i keep it in my pocket and she has never known i had it. ive also put some birdshot in it and taken out some clays and a couple birds here and there. i also took out a few rattle snakes over the summer. its a great little gun. my only complaint is that it weighs as much (or more) empty as my glock 23 does fully loaded. so you definitely know its in your pocket. lookin forward to getting a .22lr barrel for it for plinking
  9. B27

B27 New Member

I want one in .38 Special with no trigger guard to back up the Colt SAA .38 Special that I occasionally carry concealed just to amuse myself.

Anybody ever shot one of this model?
  10. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Just a suggestion. Any of the Bond Arms guns use the same frame, barrels grips, etc. All of the parts are interchangable, except for a couple of models that come with no trigger guard, and even then, that is the only difference.
    Buy one WITH the trigger guard and modify it to your liking (grips, barrel, etc.).

The trigger guard can be removed and put back on with one set screw.

Donnie D:D
  11. B27

B27 New Member

Thanks DD. :)