The Firearms Forum banner

Bond, (Not) James Bond

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  rogertc1 
#1 ·
Rather a Bond Arms derringer .410/.45 Colt

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good!

I've not actually seen one with the trigger guard. Does Bond Arms actually machine the frame with the trigger guard or is it something added after the fact?

#5 ·
Their advisement states " removable trigger guard ".
Why would anyone want a trigger guard on a Remington type derringer? The trigger doesn't protrude until it is cocked, and no one still on their meds is going to carry a cocked derringer in their pocket, and even if they did so the trigger pull is so hard it is still safe:) By the way, that engraving is bue-tee-full, Ever do small jobs, say the boosters on a Buck 110.

#8 ·
Very nice looking! I've always wanted an engraved safe queen but can never bring myself to buy a gun to keep just as a safe queen.

#11 ·
Nice looking pocket derringer. Maybe I'll get me one to replace the .38 when I give it to my daughter.

#12 ·
This one is chambered for the .410/.45 Colt so it is a handful in more ways than one.
I've fired these before and personally, they're not for me. WAYYYYYYY too painful. (...and I've shot hundreds through my FA .454)
Even the .357's make you think twice about "plinking".
I might own a .357 and just load .38's, but if I'm going to go with that, I'm better off with any of the snub-nose revolvers.
Different strokes, right?

#14 ·
I have the Bond Cowboy Defender and love it for a driving piece, I like the way they are built (Like a Tank). I have the 45/410 barrels and keep it loaded with 410 Buckshot for up & close protection. They are the best made derringer out there and very affordable. All of the barrels Bond offer are inter-changable with all of the different recievers. In the larger calibers these are not plinking guns, in the smaller calibers are a pleasure to shoot. Replacement barrels cost $139-$159 and $189.

You did a fantastic engraving job on this pistol, Mind I ask what the cost was?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.