Books on H&R 32 S&W

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by johnwlee, Mar 20, 2009.

1. johnwlee

johnwlee New Member

I have an H&R 32 S&W that I got when my uncle passed away. It is currently in parts. It has the 32 S&W CTGE on the left of the barrel and serial number 302367 on the butt and under the grips. Where can I get a schematic of this pistol and find out when it was made?
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

this is a second model premier (small frame 5 shot) or a third model auto-ejecting (large frame 6 shot. for a book on H&R visit the website of gunshow book listed in my signature. serial number 302367 was manufactured in the 1916to 1920 era. but then it could also be a hammerless model or one of the solid frame 32's not enough information to say for sure.
  3. johnwlee

johnwlee New Member

I believe it is a 6 shot with a hammer and is also aut-oejecting. I am guessing it is the third model. Is the book that your are suggesting the “BLUE BOOK OF GUN VALUES 2009 30TH EDITION” and will it show the breakdown of the pistol. I think it is missing the trigger spring as when I assemble it the trigger did not return to the firing positing but everything else worked.
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

no the blue book will not show how to disassembly any firearms it is a pricing guide only. you will have to et that kind of information from my H&R book or the online version of numrich arms catalog of parts.
    bill
  5. johnwlee

johnwlee New Member

Does any one know when the H&R Arms Company 1871-1986 will be released.
  6. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member